Oh no!!! Not the same mobile case, again! Please tell me it is different. Did you think the same when you read the words in the title? Well, then cheer up.
Because it is a new wine though in an old bottle. It is a movable phone case and I was looking for an interesting catchy product name. So enjoy the creativity behind repetition.
A mobile phone or a smartphone is the advanced technology where a computer, camera, cell phone, video games, media player and various other utilities are combined into one single unit. People are always excited to know about the latest feature in a phone. And if something just attracts the consumer, they want to have it despite any price.
Similarly, I was crazy about the design MooglyBlog – Phone Case Cozy that Tamara made. The feeling when you like something and you just want it, even if you do not know what to do about it. I felt the same when I first saw this pattern. I just wanted to make one for myself even though I don’t need any phone case or wristlet separately. Usually, my wallet carries everything; money, cards, house key, phone, and a couple of safety pins for the unexpected disasters. But I was just carried away by the design and the look, and I made one for myself. I added a loop for attaching house key. All you need card/money, house key, and mobile. So now, I need not carry heavy wallet or handbag everywhere I go.
Since the size of my phone is bigger than the given dimensions. I started with 32 chains and followed the pattern. I used 3 colours; grey (G), Peach (P) and white (W). I chose white to create the spike.
R1: With G, ch 32, join the SL St.
R2-R5: 32 sc.
R6: With W, sc 5, spike cluster, 5 sc, spike cluster, 20 sc.
R7-R9: With P, sc around.
R10: With W, sc 5, spike cluster, 5 sc, spike cluster, 20 sc.
R11-R13: With G, sc around.
Use G and P alternatively and W when the spike stitch is required. Continue till the height of the smartphone.
I have ended with 4 rows of G as started. Added 1-2 rounds of G for the base.
Sew the 1st row by turning the cover inside out. Change back to right side and start with edge and wristlet/ side sling.
Brim with side loop:-
R1: Change the yarn to white and continue R3 for 1 row. Total 35 SC.
R2: Chain 3, SC from 1st stitch from the previous row. Total 35 SC, 3 Chain.
R3: SC around including 3 SC in the chain. Total 38 SC.
Brim without side loop:-
R1: Change to white colour, single crochet (SC) around. Total 35 SC.
Continue R1 for 4 rows and sew the end.
Crochet Wristlet: Chain 60-70 based on the wristlet length. Sew the ends in the inside of the pouch.
Crochet Side Sling: Chain 130 chains string using W and P to make a side sling phone case. Sew to each end of the phone edge.
- Height = 6″
- Width = 3″
- Wristlet Size = 9″-10″ with 60-70 chains.
- Side Sling: 35″-45″ with 130 chains.
- Button Loop Size = 2.5″-3″ is obtained by chaining 20.
The sizes can be altered based on the total count of the stitches for the rows.
- The side loop can be used to add any wristlet, strap made of suede leather, crochet, resin etc.
- The buttoned loop can be switched to magnet button, snap-on button, press button, zip or an open pouch.
- Depending on the tool, leave enough height for closure and mobile.
- You can add additional hook or charms or keychains in the side loop along with strap.
Remember: do not over accessorise it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Spiked Mobile Phone Case
For another customer using a green, grey and white combination.
Unspiked Mobile Phone Case
- Hang inside/outside your purse as a go-to pouch for mobile and cards.
- Add keychain to the wristlet hole to add your keys along with phone and cards.
- Use long sling instead of wristlet to carry as a compact pouch on the go OR simply treat as a cell phone case without any handles.
- Choose the yarn colour based on the palette in your wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colours.
- Go creative with the button choice.
- Yarn: Jo-Ann Bernat Handicrafter – Rustic Grey, Jo-Ann Lily Sugar N Cream – White, Michaels – Lily Sugar N Cream – Tangerine
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 4.5 mm
- Sewing Thread based on the Base colour
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customised form, please check out the following the further options. The colour combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD – Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – email@example.com
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.