“Happy Feet”,”The Chronicles of Narnia”, “Frozen”; pick any movie and you will realize the beauty of snow in these movies. Snowflakes, snow crystals, graupel, ice pellets etc whichever is the form of the frozen crystallized water; they are stupendous. The magnificent glaciers, the majestic view carries us away.
As spectacular or glorious as it looks; snowfall gets tough for the survival when this freezing weather continues for months. You are stuck in your own house doing nothing and waiting for skies to get clearer.
But we humans are a creative bunch, who don’t just stay hibernated in our shelter but find ways to enjoy the weather like making snow angels and snowman, skiing, sledding, making footprints, having a snowball fight, building a snow fort etc.
It is a good testimony to show that humans can face any challenge that comes in their way and live fully.
While I enjoyed playing out in the snow, making snowballs, it inspired me to make a white colored Slippers/Socks for home.
The pattern is simple. I started with single crochet(SC) as Roller Slippers. Instead of continuing the process, I switched to Double crochet(DC) stitch for completing with mid to heel.
The pattern contains 3 parts:
R1: Starting with a magic circle, Ch 1, Single Crochet (SC) 6 times, join at the beginning with a Slip Stitch (SL ST). Total 6 SC.
R2: Ch 1, 2 SC in SC, join at the beginning with SL ST. Total 12 SC.
R3: Ch 1, *2 SC in SC, SC in SC*; repeat *-* join at the beginning with SL ST. Total 18 SC.
R4 – R6: Ch1, 1 SC in each SC. Total 18 SC.
R7: Ch 1, *2 SC in SC, SC in 2 SC*; repeat *-* join at the beginning with SL ST. Total 24 SC.
R8: Ch1, 1 SC in each SC. Total 24 SC.
Repeat R8 until you gain 5.5″. Do not cut the yarn. Proceed towards heel section.
R1: Ch1, 1 DC in each SC.Do not join to the beginning but turn. Total 24 DC.
R2: Ch1, 1 DC in each DC, turn. Total 24 DC.
Repeat R2 until you have achieved 11″.
Lay flat. One side will be the foot. Join the other side together at the back with SC. Cut and sew the stranding yarn. Total 12 SC.
For the final edging, I did 1 row of SC and 1 row of DC with white yarn. Last 1 row of SC with pink- purple mixed yarn.
Note: If you are stuck somewhere check out Red Roller Slippers blog for more clarifications.
If you have any queries then please do contact me.
Dimensions of the Slippers/Socks:-
- Length: 10″
- Width: 3.5″.
- Attach buttons, flowers, appliques, charms made of crochet, fur, fabric, suede leather, resin.
- Add a drawstring ending with tassels or pompoms.
- The tassels or pompoms color should be of the base color or any contrast color. Shades of white, golden, silver, brown, blue, red, multicolor will add the beauty.
- Pom-poms and tassels can be of wool, faux fur, ribbons, plastic, resin etc. Link to make pom-pom and tassels.
Remember: do not over accessorize it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
White Snow Slippers/Socks
- Select the yarn color matching with you winter wear.
- Choose the contrast colors matching with your jacket.
- Choose the wool color based on the palette in the wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colors.
- Yarn: Jo-Ann Caron One Pound – White, scraps of yarn for the flowers.
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 6 mm
- Measuring Tape
- Rubber Grip: Rubber Paint Spray/ Non-Slippery Silicone sealant: clear sealant gel.
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customized form, please check out the following the further options. The color combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD – Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.