Tiranga Loop Wristlet Mobile Cover
Being an Indian, it was no brainer that I was planning to make something depicting my national flag. It’s independence day! after all. The day we got freedom from colonisation.
India has a rich culture and history. If analysed deeply, we can find that people from all over the world have attacked India but Indians were never travelled far to capture other countries in the world. We do have wars and victories within regions and over decades, to gain authority but we never conquered any country for centuries.
After more than 200 years of British suppression, India saw an uprising among people, who came together to fight for freedom. The Indian Freedom struggle continued for almost a century (from 1857 to 1947). All over India, various battles occurred over the century and finally, after World War II, we got freedom.
The process is series of Single Crochet stitches with the change in colour as per Indian Flag. The rows depend on the total length of the phone and equally divided in 3 colours.
This mobile pouch does not have wristlet attached in the corner but designed to close up the cover and provide the handle.
R1: starting with Ch 34, join with Slip Stitch (SL ST )at the 1st chain.
R2: CH 1, Single Crochet (SC) in each chain. Join at the 1st SC with SL ST. Total 34 SC.
Using Green colour yarn: Repeat R2 14 times. Turn the work inside out and slip stitch the base. Turn right side up and continue.
Using Cream colour yarn: Repeat R2 12 times.
Using Peach colour yarn: Repeat R2 12 times.
Use stitch markers to detect the centre of the cover on both sides.
R1: In this case, SC up to 8 counts, skip 2 SC, ch 5, SC in 8 counts on the side and SC 18 counts.
R2: SC up to 8 counts, 5 sc in chain 5, SC in next 8 counts. and continue making the handle.
Row: In this case, Single crochet(SC) up to 9 counts, ch 60, SC for next 9 counts.
- The selection of the yarns is important. The thickness and elasticity of the yarn and the chosen crochet hook determines the design.
- Also, your technique impacts the smoothness or finished look. Everyone has different technique ranging from tight stitching style to medium to loose stitching styles.
- In case, you are unable to get the required chosen coloured yarn of same thickness, you can change the crochet hook and your technique as you go around, to get the seamless look. For me, I chose one crochet hook and changed my technique for different yarns.
- The number of initial chain counts differs as per points 1 and 2. Thus it is best to total up the number of rows required to make 1″ and avoid any rework later.
- Frequent checks of the measurement will save a lot of time and energy.
- Height: 6.5″
- Width: 3″
The sizes can be altered based on the total count of the stitches for the rows.
- The side loop can be used to add any wristlet, strap made of suede leather, crochet, resin etc.
- The buttoned loop can be switched to magnet button, snap-on button, press button, zip or an open pouch.
- Depending on the tool, leave enough height for closure and mobile.
- You can add additional hook or charms or keychains in the side loop along with strap.
Remember: do not over accessorise it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Tiranga Loop Wristlet Mobile Cover
- Hang inside/outside your purse as a go-to pouch for mobile and cards.
- Add a keychain to the wristlet hole to add your keys along with phone and cards.
- Use long sling instead of wristlet to carry as a compact pouch on the go OR simply treat as a cell phone case without any handles.
- Choose the yarn colour based on the palette in your wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colours.
- Go creative with the button choice.
- Yarn: Yarnspirations Sweet N Cream – Sea Breeze, Yarnspirations Sweet N Cream – Soft Ecru, Yarnspirations Sweet N Cream – Tangerine
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 5 mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care, then the elegant stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customised form, please check out the following the further options. The colour combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD Store
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – email@example.com
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adapt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs every time you use or share them.