Skinny Boots Slippers/Socks
A pair of Boots, known as Fashion Boots or go-go boots, is a necessary winter footwear in the modern world, apart from being a fashion item. Ranging from ankle to thigh in length, and used as casual, formal, or business footwears, they come in large varieties.
There has been ups and downs in the journey of a working boot converting into a fashion boot. In 1960’s final, they became a style statement and interpreted “as an antidote to the femininity”.
Today, there are ankle boots, calf-length boots, knee boots, over-the-knee boots. They are made of fur, leather, rubber and suede. Over a period of time, there has been up gradation in the creation of boots from rising hemlines to zip-fastened to lace-up styles to metal accents. In today’s fashion world, people have a great sense of appreciation in carrying vintage style or latest trends. The old-fashioned boots, platform-soled boots, and even thigh-length PVC boots are popular among the female of all age groups.
Every woman, every teenager does own a pair of boots now. Apart from the suede/leather boots in my wardrobe, I added one more to the collection of my footwear. A pair of crocheted boots that I am wearing every day in my home during winter. With a layer of clear Silicone sealant in the base, I can easily walk on carpeted, tiled or wooden floors.
The process is series of single crochet stitches. The pattern contains 3 parts:
R1: Starting with a magic circle, Ch 1, Single Crochet (SC) 6 times, join at the beginning with a Slip Stitch (SL ST). Total 6 SC.
R2: Ch 1, 2 SC in SC, join at the beginning with SL ST. Total 12 SC.
R3: Ch 1, *2 SC in SC, SC in SC*; repeat *-* join at the beginning with SL ST. Total 18 SC.
R4 – R6: Ch1, 1 SC in each SC. Total 18 SC.
R7: Ch 1, *2 SC in SC, SC in 2 SC*; repeat *-* join at the beginning with SL ST. Total 24 SC.
R8: Ch1, 1 SC in each SC. Total 24 SC.
Repeat R8 until you gain 5.5″. Do not cut the yarn. Proceed towards heel section.
R1: Ch1, 1 SC in each SC.Do not join to the beginning but turn. Total 24 SC.
R2: Ch1, 1 SC in each SC, turn. Total 24 SC.
Repeat R2 until you have achieved 11″.
Lay flat. One side will be the foot. Join the other side together at the back with SC. Cut and sew the stranding yarn. Total 12 SC.
Starting with the centre of the foot (where you made a turn to create heel), SC in each SC in rounds. Continue the rows until the leg measures 4″.
Change the colour, continue SC for another 2″.
Note: If you are stuck somewhere check out Red Roller Slippers blog for more clarifications.
If you have any queries then please do contact me.
- Length: 10″
- Width: 3.5″.
- Attach buttons, flowers, appliques, charms made of crochet, fur, fabric, suede leather, resin.
- Add a drawstring ending with tassels or pompoms.
- The tassels or pompoms colour should be of the base colour or any contrast color. Shades of white, golden, silver, brown, blue, red, multicolour will add the beauty.
- Pom-poms and tassels can be of wool, faux fur, ribbons, plastic, resin etc. Link to make pom-pom and tassels.
Remember: do not over accessorize it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Skinny Boots Slippers/Socks
- Select the yarn colour matching with your winter wear.
- Choose the contrast colours matching with your jacket.
- Choose the wool colour based on the palette in the wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colours.
- Yarn: Jo-Ann Caron One Pound – Off Cream, Jo-Ann Caron One Pound – White
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 5.5 mm
- Measuring Tape
- Rubber Grip: Rubber Paint Spray/ Non-Slippery Silicone sealant: clear sealant gel.
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care, then the elegant stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customised form, please check out the following the further options. The colour combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD – Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – email@example.com
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adapt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs every time you use or share them.