Sunglasses, Glares, Goggles, Shades; Different names with a similar aim.
Sunglasses are primarily used to protect your eyes from the sun. The purposes have extended from protecting yourself from the sun to cover your identity from people. Eye patients use it to shield their eyes from dust or air pollution.
The shaded and polarised lenses are produced to avoid ultraviolet radiation or blue light, even available in power for those with near or long sighted.
Did you know that it has a history dated back to 1,000 years ago?
Yes, Inuit, who are the descendants from western Alaska, wore flattened walrus ivory “glasses” to block the harmful rays reflected from the sun. They looked through the piece of the glass slit. Over the years, the lenses have transformed from Emeralds to Quartz to tinted glass.
In modern days, you definitely get a cover or a case to keep your goggles safe. It is not possible to carry the case around everywhere you go.
It gave me the purpose to crochet a Goggles Pouch; an attractive pocket to carry my glares in.
I truly loved Tamara Kelly’s Mogglyblog. Her colour choice and pattern selection are very catchy. It inspired me to follow her Sunglass pattern. I used yellow colour and made few stitches bigger to avoid creating loop and button.
- Height: 6.5″
- Width: 3″
You can alter the sizes based on the total count of the stitches for the rows.
- The side loop can be used to add any wristlet, strap made of suede leather, crochet, resin etc.
- The buttoned loop can be switched to magnet button, snap-on button, press button, zip or an open pouch.
- Depending on the tool, leave enough height for closure and mobile.
- You can add additional hook or charms or keychains in the side loop along with strap.
Remember: do not over accessorise it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Scrubby Goggles Pouch
- Hang inside/outside your purse.
- Choose the yarn colour based on the palette in your wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colours.
- Go creative with the button choice.
- Yarn: Michaels – Caron One Pound – Sunflower
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 5.5 mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customised form, please check out the following options. The colour combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD – Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adapt, for personal consumption; however, please give the due credit to Knot My Designs every time you use or share them.