Some colours are just eye catching, and you pick them without giving it any a second thought. The Pista ombre yarn is that one colour for me. It is so colourful, bright and yet pleasant to eyes. I wanted to try out something different with this different yarn, perhaps a ribbed pattern since it was the first time I was trying to make a stylish hat.
Being a newcomer or beginner in the world of crochet, it was my first risky task to make a crochet hat with a complex textured pattern.
I found Do the Twist Hat – Yarnspirations pattern while browsing for a ribbed hat. The new stitch that I learned is Front Post Double Crochet and Back Post Double Crochet. Using these stitches, a beautiful twisted pattern has appeared.
Pointer: I did not change the pattern and pretty much followed the instructions row by row. The pattern in the blog was for the teens, though. I prefer making hats that cover ear to ear, to keep it warm in winters. Thus, I suggest to the twisted part again or increase the few rows in the end before reducing the stitch counts.
Thus, I suggest to the twisted part again or increase the few rows in the end before reducing the stitch counts.
This crochet free pattern Hat can be worn everywhere; office, brunch, even shopping. Because of the colour and style, I name this hat as Pista Twisted Hat.
- Height: 9″
- Circumference: 20″-22″
The sizes can be altered based on the count of the stitches for the rows.
- You can increase the base diameter to give a more slouchy feel. Also, increase the height of the beanie.
- You can add pom-pom matching the colour with the edging or the base colour. There are different ways to create pompom.
- You can attach flowers, beads or a bow made of crochet, plastic, suede leather etc to give a more feminine touch.
Remember: do not over accessorise it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Pista Twisted Hat
- Choose the colour matching with your winter jacket.
- Go for the contrast colour of your jacket. You might suit the colour with your cowl or gloves.
- Choose the wool colour based on the palette in your wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colours.
- Yarn: Michaels I think they have stopped producing this colour now.
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 5.5 mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customised form, please check out the following the further options. The colour combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD – Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.