As already mentioned in men’s mesh scarf, the real challenge for making products for elder people is the choice of color and usage of the item. Close knit items are always preferred when making a winter wear for men.
With safe colors as shades of gray, brown, blue, and green, and black already in my mind, I chose slate or ash color (i.e. shade of gray) for making a beanie. Since the color is rich, the pattern can be simple to maintain the balance. It can also be worn as a beanie-scarf set. The men’s Wavy Scarf (coming in next post) and men’s Ash-Lead Beanie can be paired together. Though they represent different shades of gray, it can still be complimented with a white-colored sweater. The richness of the color makes it suitable for a middle-aged adult man too.
R1: Started with a magic circle, and 12 Double Crochet stitches (DC), join at the beginning. Total 12 DC.
R2: Ch 2, *2 DC in each DC*; repeat *-*, join at the beginning. Total 24 DC.
R3: Ch 2, *2 DC in next DC, DC in next DC*; repeat *-*, join at the beginning. Total 36 DC.
R4: Ch 2, *2 DC in next DC, DC in next 2 DC*; repeat *-*, join at the beginning. Total 48 DC.
R5: Ch 2, *2 DC in next DC, DC in next 3 DC*; repeat *-*, join at the beginning. Total 60 DC.
Note: The total counts should be greater than 60 for any adult hat. It depends on the yarn, chosen crochet hook and your strength applied in each stitch.
R6: Ch 2, *2 DC in next DC, DC in next 4 DC*; repeat *-*, join at the beginning. Total 72 DC.
R7: DC in each DC, join at the beginning. Total 72 DC.
R8-R13: Repeat R7.
R14: Single Crochet (SC) in each DC for edging.
- Height for an adult man hat: 9.5″
- Circumference: 23″-24″
The sizes could be alter based on the count of the stitches for the rows.
- For edging, you can use fur, Crab Stitch, Herringbone Half Double Crochet (HHDC) or Slip Stitch of same or contrast colors.
- One line of contrast color edging – White, Creme, Maroon, lighter shades of blue, lime, yellow.
- You can increase the base diameter to give a more slouchy feel. Also, increase the height of the beanie.
- You can increase the Brim by more than 1 row to define a brim.
Remember: do not over accessorize it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Men’s Ash-Lead Beanie
- Select the yarn color matching with you winter wear. Try out the Hat-Scarf combo, Hat-Gloves combo of the same pattern.
- Choose the contrast colors matching with your jacket.
- Choose the wool color based on the palette in the wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colors.
- Yarn: Jo-Ann Big Twist Chunky – Slate
- Crochet Hook: 6.5mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customized form, please check out the following the further options. The color combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD-Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – email@example.com
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.