Seasons not only elucidate our choice of cloth but also define our habitat. Migration of birds, sprouting of fruits and blooming of flowers are dependent on seasons. But have you considered leaves? Well, technically leaves are not dependent on seasons but the aging of the leaf is certainly affected by it. They mature from spring through summer. In Autumn, they start aging and acquire certain shades of brown, orange, red and yellow color. We can label those leaves or trees as ornamental trees. When you think about any ornamental trees, your first choice is “Maple”. The outline of a maple leaf is very beautiful. Autumn season is considered to be dry and withering but due to red and orange maple leaves, I think, they are considered to be one of the most beautiful seasons. They mollify the dry and chilly weather.
Wonderstruck by the beauty of Maple, I decided to make one leaf for myself as a bookmark. I chose the maple pattern from MrsMicawber – Maple Leaf Pattern. I picked up the yarn from my stash basket and started making the leaf. However, towards the end, instead of closing the stitch, I continued making chain 60 (or as per the length of my book) to create a string. At the end, I made one tassel out of the same yarn and attached it to the string. This is my Fall Season bookmark!
Maple Leaf Bookmark
- Yarn: Stash Basket of Yarn
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 4mm
- Tassel: made out of same yarn
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customized form, please check out the following the further options. The color combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD-Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – email@example.com
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.