Ladies Handbag Pouch
Men clothing catalogue is a very small list as compared to female clothing catalogue. Similarly, men’s wallet is small compared to women’s handbag. A female handbag is always considered as a “well of infinite items” that increases curiosity among men.
Well, I am killing this curiosity by naming a few important items that are common in every lady’s bag. And these are a bunch of keys, wallet, make-up kit, medical kit, sanitizer, a pack of tissues, and glares/glasses/goggles. But make no mistake, we are talking about women here.
So, everything has to be fashionable and a statement in itself. We get this stylish handbag but the job isn’t done yet. What about the small contents floating around in the universe inside our bag? Get a stylish pouch that complements your bag, adds to a statement and helps you manage the small items.
So, I decided to make a few pouches to the serve the purpose of a medical or a makeup kit.
The patterns are simple and made of scraps of yarn left from other projects. I made rectangular-sized pouches and stitch them from 2 sides. The sides can be 2 continuous sides or opposite sides. I have added pom-pom or chain rope or press button to tie the opening. The patterns are Crochet Sachet, Bobble, Double Crochet (DC) and Single Crochet (SC) stitch pouch and ripple pattern.
The rectangular Granny Square pattern is used to make this pouch. The closure of the pouch is crochet drawstring. The length of the Pouch is 12″, width is 7″. Fold the rectangle sideways. Apply the stitch at the bottom and on one of the sides.
The rectangular Ripple pattern is used to make this pouch. Snap-button is the closing act for the pouch. The length of the pouch is 7″, width is 10″. Fold the rectangle bottom up. Apply the stitches on both sides of the pouch.
The Bobble pattern is used to make this pouch. Snap-button is the closing act for the pouch. The length of the pouch is 14″, width is 8″. Fold the rectangle bottom up. Apply the stitches on both sides of the pouch.
- Height: 7″
- Width: 6″
- Height: 5″
- Weight: 7″
- Height: 7″
- Width: 8″
- The pouch closing can be drawstring made of crochet chain, ribbon, resin strap, snap-button, zip etc.
- You can add pom-pom, tassels, charms, miniature idols, mini toys, amulets etc matching the colour with the edging or the base colour. Link to make pom-pom and tassels.
- You can attach flowers, beads, appliques or a bow made of crochet, plastic, suede leather, fabric etc to make it more interesting.
Remember: do not over accessorise it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Ladies Handbag Pouch
- Choose the colour matching with your bag.
- Go for the contrast colour of your bag. You might suit the colour with your other pouches or designs with your outfit.
- Choose the wool/cotton colour based on the palette in your wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colours.
- Yarn: Stash Basket of Yarn
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet hook: 5 mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: They are the mini safety pins available with the clothing tags.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customised form, please check out the following options. The colour combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD – Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adapt, for personal consumption; however, please give the due credit to Knot My Designs every time you use or share them.