Irregular Striped Scarf
I wanted to make a Scarf and a Hat set, suitable for an adult man, and match with Knit Style Beanie. It could also be complimented with Men’s Suede jacket that the customer usually wears to the office. The idea to make a striped style, struck me when I was browsing online for scarves in the colour combination of Black, Grey and White colour. This colour combination makes any wearable stylish while providing a professional look too.
Style Tip: Whenever you are gifting or making any clothing accessory to a male client, always use the safe color approach for men. Black, gray, white, blue, green, brown, and beige/nude colors are safe colours for men.
The pattern is simple. It is worked on horizontally. Starting with the chain of 320 or above, you can achieve the length of the 65″ or more.
Half Double Crochet (HDC) stitch on every row using the Back loop only. To get the irregularity in the colour sequence, select every row with the different colour (grey, white, black). No two simultaneous rows have the same colour. At the end, sew the leftover yarn that is laying around.
To hide the inconsistency, you can slip stitch or single crochet with black yarn.
For additional styling, you can add tassels at the end of both sides.
Dimensions of the scarf:-
- Length: 65+”
- Width: 6″.
- Add a line of tassels to the ends of both sides along the width. 4 Tassels at the corners will also work. You can reduce the size of the scarf as tassels will add another 10″.
- Attach pom-poms to each of the corners.
- The tassels or pompoms colour should be of the base colour or any contrast colour. Shades of white, golden, silver, brown, creme, mustard will add the beauty.
- Pom-poms and tassels can be of wool, faux fur, ribbons, plastic, resin etc. Link to make pom-pom and tassels.
- The long length edging, you can have a Crab Stitch, Single Crochet, Slip Stitch.
Remember: do not over accessorise it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Irregular Striped Scarf
- Select the yarn colour matching with you winter wear. Try out the Hat-Scarf combo, Scarf-Gloves combo, Hat-Scarf-Gloves trio.
- Choose the contrast colours matching with your jacket.
- Choose the wool colour based on the palette in the wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colours.
- Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver – Grey Heather, Red Heart Super Saver – Black, Red Heat Super Saver – White
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 6 mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customised form, please check out the following the further options. The colour combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD – Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – email@example.com
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.