Gingham Fall Pillows
One of my clients had a beautiful Sofa and a pair of cushions one of which got spoilt with stubborn stains mark. They wanted to cover the sofa pillow. This gave me an idea to create a pillow cover as a good home decor and use as a decorative pillow/sham for the hall.
I liked the pattern described in the Gingham Pillows – Yarnspirations. I used two light brown, beige, orange soft yarn in this pattern. This could also be used as a regular pillow when watching TV. As usual, I made some modifications to the design.
- Unlike the sample mentioned in the, I made round single crochet across the complete front and back set and stitched only 3 out 4 sides of the cover using Reverse – Single Crochet stitch.
- While stitching the front and the back sides along the three sides, I altered the sides, bringing the wrong side or the other side out, and taking the right side beneath.
- Once done, I changed the sides of the cushion again, displaying the right side out and inserted the pillow inside the cover.
- I keep removing the covers from the cushion to clean them and, therefore, prefer keeping one side of the cover open; however, you can stitch the fourth opening.
- For gingham pattern, the selection of the yarn needs to be checked. Same thickness of the yarn will give a coherent look.
- The colour selection for the pattern is dark and light shades of same colour and 3rd colour as shades of white.
- The size of the Pillow cover is 20″ x 18″.
- The sizes can be changed based on your requirement.
- You can insert a zip on one side of the cover for washing purpose.
- You can add tie knots sections on one side of the cover.
- You can sew the edges from all sides.
- Just leave open one side of the cover.
Remember: do not over accessorise it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Gingham Fall Pillows
- Choose the colour matching with your interiors walls.
- Go crazy with experimental contrast colours with your furniture to pop out a section. Make sure the interiors are mostly containing natural, neutral or earthy colours around.
- To showcase the pattern, you should always select a base colour and a contrast colour.
- For the stitches or pattern to be visible clearly, choose lighter shades of yarn.
- Yarn: Jo-Ann Red Heart With Love -Mango, Jo-Ann Red Heart With Love – Tan, Jo-Ann Red Heart – Brown
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 5 mm.
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Markers: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customised form, please check out the following the further options. The colour combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD – Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – email@example.com
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.