Furry Gnome Baby Hat
Welcome! Newborns in this world. Hope you learn and grow into a respected and loving person and save the world.
It was exciting to know that my customer is a newborn. I started looking for hat patterns for my new customer. Something that increased the epitome of cuteness. And Gnome Hat served the purpose. It looks so cute on newborns. How can I resist to not to make one? The soothing colour combination of blue and brown fur gave me the option to try one for the newborn baby.
I liked the designs mentioned in the Classy Crochet – Elf Pixie Hat. I followed the pattern as it is as the yarn and crochet hook recommendation is similar to my selection of yarn and crochet hook.
Instead of making a buttoned loop, I made chains for tying the knot. I was a sceptic about the loop being tight for the baby so, I preferred strings to tie as per the baby’s convenience. The open self-tying option is better for different head sizes. Fur yarn was just an addition to showcasing that cosy and softie look.
- Height: 7″
- Circumference: 14″
The sizes can be altered based on the total count of the stitches for the rows.
- You can increase the base diameter to give a more slouchy feel. Also, increase the height of the beanie.
- You can add pom-pom matching the colour with the edging or the base colour. There are different ways to create pom-pom.
- You can attach flowers, beads or a bow made of crochet, plastic, suede leather, tassels etc to give cuteness to the hat.
Remember: do not over accessorise it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Furry Gnome Baby Hat
- Choose the colour matching with the winter jacket.
- Go for the contrast colour of the jacket of choice. You might suit the colour with cowls or gloves.
- Choose the wool colour based on the palette in the wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colours.
- Yarn: Jo-Ann Bernat Baby – Baby Blue, Jo-Ann Bernat Pipsqueak – Chocolate
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 5.5 mm
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customised form, please check out the following the further options. The colour combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD – Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – email@example.com
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.