Fauxy Fur Pom Pom Hat
The use of animal fur dates back to Early Stone Age or Paleolithic Era (a prehistoric period of our history when we were just learning to use stone tools). Several human species such as Homo sapiens and Homo neanderthalensis used animal skin as clothes to cover their bodies. As humans and their clothing evolved, humans started using the animal skin to make coats, wraps, shawls, hats, and footwear. Even though after so many controversies and resistance from animal welfare rights, fur is still being used in certain regions.
As textile industry transformed through periods, Faux Fur or Fake fur, the synthetic fibres, were invented to replace the animal fur to reduce animal exploitation for fashion or decorations. Apart from coats and wraps, Faux Fur is used in the parka, pillows, throws, pom- pom for hats or keychains, stuff animals etc.
I created 2 simple basic beanies using the same. Since I am using a chunky yarn, I made Double Crochet (DC) stitches around the beanie till the end. To create an edging, I used 2 rows of Single Crochet (SC) and then added these faux fur pom-pom to add further charm to my beanie.
Since I am using a chunky yarn, I made Double Crochet (DC) stitches around the beanie till the end.
Starting with a magic circle and 12 Double Crochet (DC), extend every row (up to row 4) by 12 counts till you get 48DC.
Continue 48 DC to reach the height of the hat to 9″. The circumference is 20″-22″, which is the required hat size for an adult woman.
To create an edging, I used 2 rows of Single Crochet (SC) and then added these faux fur pom-pom to add further charm to my beanie.
- Height: 9″
- Circumference: 20″-22″
The sizes can be altered based on the count of the stitches for the rows.
- You can increase the base diameter to give a more slouchy feel. Also, increase the height of the beanie.
- You can add pom-pom matching the colour with the edging or the base colour or contrast it. There are different ways to create pom-pom.
- You can attach flowers, beads or a bow made of crochet, plastic, suede leather etc to give a more feminine touch.
- The edging can be made of Single Crochet (SC), Crab Stitch, Slip Stitch, Herringbone Half Double Crochet (HHDC).
Remember: do not over accessorise it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Fauxy Fur Pom Pom Hat
- Select the yarn colour matching with your winter wear.
- Try out the Hat-Scarf combo, Hat-Gloves combo of the same pattern or different pattern but the same colour mix.
- Choose the contrast colours matching with your jacket.
- Choose the wool colour based on the palette in the wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colours.
- Yarn: Jo-Ann Bernat Baby – My Sunshine, Jo-Ann Patons Classic – Mocha
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 8mm
- Measuring Tape
- Pom-Pom: Amazon Faux Fur Pom-Pom – Brown Muskat, Amazon Faux Fur Pom-Pom – White Rabbit
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customised form, please check out the following the further options. The color combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD – Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs every time you use or share them.