Legwarmers are the easiest and appealing way to cover your calves and legs. They are easy to carry anywhere. You can accessorize your legs and give them the required warmth too, especially, for the places where the temperature drops from 70℉ to 50℉. Due to erratic nature of temperature, we are forced to carry woolen items too. But I prefer light weight luggage when visiting places. So, my choice is to carry leg warmers, beanies, cowl/scarf and fingerless gloves. They consume lesser space and help protect from sudden temperature change. A customer liked my Trinity Ombre Legwarmer and requested one for herself as she was stuck in the same situation. I chose this multicolor fall ombre yarn to perfectly go with any jeggings, leggings or jeans. The process is very simple. It is rows of Double Crochet (DC) to get the desired length.
Remember the basic chain should be based on the maximum width of calf muscle in order to wear the leg warmer without any hindrance.
R1: ch 18-ch 23 and wrap around your calves muscle with maximum width. You should adjust (i.e. increase/decrease) the chain accordingly. Join to the 1st chain with Slip Stitch (SL).
R2: Ch 2, Double crochet (DC) over every chain, join to the 1st DC.
Repeat R2 till you get the desired length of the leg warmer.
End the last row with Single Crochet (SC) over ever DC.
Make another one and complete the pair.
- Length: 14″
- Circumference: 14″
The sizes can be alter based on the count of the stitches for the rows.
- You can increase the base diameter to give a more slouchy feel.
- You can put fur edging or Crab stitch edging to give a different touch.
- To accessorize, use bead, buttons, tassels, pompoms, appliques etc on the legwarmers. Link to make pom-pom and tassels.
Remember: do not over accessorize it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Fall Ombre Legwarmer
- Select the yarn color matching with you winter wear. Try out the Hat-Scarf-legwarmer trio, Hat-Gloves-Legwarmer Trio combo of the same pattern.
- Choose the contrast colors matching with your jacket.
- Choose the wool color based on the palette in the wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colors.
- Yarn: Michaels – Loops & Thread – Mountain Majesty -2balls
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 8mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customized form, please check out the following the further options. The color combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD -Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.