The every changing technology challenges you to keep looking forward. While every progression in the technology aims to make life easy in performing the day-to-day task, staying aboard with this constant change is not so easy. You have to keep upgrading, updating and gathering information all the time.
But what is the use of technology if it doesn’t help connecting with the world around, with the people. Whom we can have a conversation with, share our thoughts and grow as a human. Because it is family, friend, colleague that come to help at dire times.
Thanks, to the technology for giving us a cell phone, something just meant for connecting with the people. You can talk and share and you never feel alone. Today, distance doesn’t matter and strangely, as mobile phones are getting biggers in screen size, they are making the world smaller. You are carrying your world in your pocket.
How about decorating this small device with a creative handmade cover? A dijon cell phone wristlet pouch is made for the same purpose.
Dijon Stitch is a combination of alternate slip stitch and half double crochet. I added a crocheted loop on one side of the mobile cover to tie wristlet band. Also, sewed button and loop on the cover, to close the opening.
Chain 35 or as per phone’s width and join at the beginning.
R1: ch 1, 1 Slip Stich (SLST), 1 Half Double Crochet (HDC) around; do not join at the beginning but start next row. Total 34.
R2: 1 HDC on the last row SL ST, 1 SL ST on the last row HDC around; Total 34.
Slip stitches are only made behind the diagonal stitches from the previous row. Make sure to pick up both loops that are kind of hiding behind the diagonal loop. The half double crochet stitches are made in the two loops of the horizontal stitch from the previous row (sitting in between two diagonal ones).
Sew the 1st row by turning the cover inside out. Change back to right side and start with edge and wristlet.
Brim with side loop:-
R1: Change the yarn to white and continue R3 for 1 row. Total 35 SC.
R2: Chain 3, SC from 1st stitch from the previous row. Total 35 SC, 3 Chain.
R3: SC around including 3 SC in the chain. Total 38 SC.
Brim without side loop:-
R1: Change to white color, single crochet (SC) around. Total 35 SC.
Continue R1 for 4 rows and sew the end.
Crochet Wristlet: Chain 60-70 based on the wristlet length. Sew the ends in the inside of the pouch.
- Height: 6.5″
- Width: 3″
The sizes can be altered based on the total count of the stitches for the rows.
- The side loop can be used to add any wristlet, strap made of suede leather, crochet, resin etc.
- The buttoned loop can be switched to magnet button, snap-on button, press button, zip or an open pouch.
- Depending on the tool, leave enough height for closure and mobile.
- You can add additional hook or charms or keychains in the side loop along with strap.
Remember: do not over accessorize it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Dijon Cell Phone Wristlet Pouch
- Hang inside/outside your purse as a go-to pouch for mobile and cards.
- Add keychain to the wristlet hole to add your keys along with phone and cards.
- Use long sling instead of wristlet to carry as a compact pouch on the go OR simply treat as a cell phone case without any handles.
- Choose the yarn color based on the palette in your wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colors.
- Go creative with the button choice.
- Yarn: Lion Brand – 24/7 Cotton – Red, Lion Brand – 24/7 Cotton – Ecru, Yarnspirations Sweet N Cream – Sea Breeze, Yarnspirations Sweet N Cream – White
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 4 mm
- Sewing Needle
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customized form, please check out the following the further options. The color combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD-Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.