When in Bangalore, I used to love visiting Crosswords bookstore, reading the books and collecting the bookmarks that came with the books. These were card strips with rhymes, images printed on it. The witty one-liner, creative images excited me, so much that I would collect them all together. I still don’t know, if it were the love for those interesting bookmarks or the love of reading books that pulled me to Crosswords every time.
Well, far from Bangalore and Crosswords, in my world of Crocheting, I still recall them. In crocheting, there are various flower patterns used as embellishments for the scarves, hats, warmers etc. I decided the make few of these flower patterns and instead of attaching them to a clothing, I decided to make a bookmark. Different variety of flowers, small leaves, small petals, and thin long stems. It is an interesting way to use the left-overs yarn in your Stash Basket too. I always wanted to learn how to make a rose using crochet. This was an exciting project to work on!
I used 2 different patterns to make this Dark Rose Flower Bookmark. I loved the crochet pattern of rose flower from SkipToMyLou – Easy Rose Crochet Pattern. I chose leaves design from LakeViewCottageKids – A Little Leaf Pattern. For the stem, I made chain 60+ ( enough to cross the length of the book). Sew them all together to create a rose flower stem.
Dark Rose Flower Bookmark
- Nothing to style!!! Time to read more and more.
- Style your brain with all information, someone’s perspective, vision, knowledge and cherish that.
- Love Reading!!!
- Yarn: Stash Basket, scraps of yarn.
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 2.5mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customized form, please check out the following the further options. The color combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD-Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.