Have you ever worn your top inside out by mistake and spent an entire day roaming out in that and to realize it much later in the day? oopsy! what now? You start to think should I change back to correct side or carry it, in the same way, assuming no one noticed. Well, when I face such scenario, I try to style it with a jacket and make sure I never take off my jacket.
But what if the similar incident happens while designing your product? I started making a mobile cover for a customer with enough spaces to carry meal coupons and cards along with a mobile phone and a buttoned loop to close the opening along with wristlet to hang it on the hand. While stitching one end of the cover, in order to hold the phone, I realized that I have sewed inside out. I liked the back side of the Single crochet stitch and decided to show it neatly and create a new design with good visuals.
The process is very simple. It is a series of Single Crochet stitch(SC) with changing yarns as per your choice. Sew and close one end on the correct side and turn the complete cover inside out!
I added a crocheted loop on one side of the mobile cover to tie wristlet band. Also, sewed button and loop on the cover, to close the opening.
R1: start with ch 34, join to the 1st chain with Slip Stitch (SL ST).
R2: Ch 1, single crochet (SC) around. Do not join the with Sl ST, instead continue with next row. Total 34 SC.
R3: Single crochet around with cafe yarn. Total 34 SC.
Continue R3 till the pouch measures 3″. Change the yarn to blue color, continue R3 till the pouch measure 3″.
R4: Change the yarn to blue color, continue R3 till the pouch measure 3″.
R1: Change the yarn to white and continue R3 for 1 row. Total 34 SC.
R2: Chain 3, SC from 1st stitch from the previous row. Total 34 SC, 3 Chain.
R3: SC around including 3 SC in the chain. Total 37 SC.
- Height: 6.5″
- Width: 3″
The sizes can be altered based on the total count of the stitches for the rows.
- The side loop can be used to add any wristlet, strap made of suede leather, crochet, resin etc.
- The buttoned loop can be switched to magnet button, snap-on button, press button, zip or an open pouch.
- Depending on the tool, leave enough height for closure and mobile.
- You can add additional hook or charms or keychains in the side loop along with strap.
Remember: do not over accessorize it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Capri Backsided Mobile Cover
- Hang inside/outside your purse as a go-to pouch for mobile and cards.
- Add keychain to the wristlet hole to add your keys along with phone and cards.
- Use long sling instead of wristlet to carry as a compact pouch on the go OR simply treat as a cell phone case without any handles.
- Choose the yarn color based on the palette in your wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colors.
- Go creative with the button choice.
- Yarn: Jo-Ann Lily Sugar N Cream Cone – White, Jo-Ann Lily Sugar N Cream Solid – Hot Blue, Jo-Ann Lion Brand 24/7 – Cafe Au La
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 4mm
- Button: Jo-Ann Sewing Buttons – La Mode
- Measuring Tape
- Wristlet band
- Stitch Markers: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customized form, please check out the following the further options. The color combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD-Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – email@example.com
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.