We prefer to wear flip-flops when we go to the bathroom or out for a stroll on the beach, when we dress in casual or shop at the market or when we walk on the tile or wooden floors without any carpet. So, I can say that we enjoy flip-flops in summer only.
But the reality is unless you have a carpeted floor all across in your house, you tend to wear flip-flop all the time. What should be another useful product that we can wear at home all the time without worrying about hard and cold floors? A pair of socks and slippers are the perfect solution. But what if you can get a home slippers that will keep your feet warm in winter days, allowing you to walk around the house without a pair of socks or a pair of slippers? HOMIE SLIPPERS!!!
With crochet, we can make a different kind of slippers boots, ballet, slip flops, moccasins, loafers etc. I chose ballet as a customer was looking for easy-to-wear slippers. At the base, a coat of nonslippery rubber sealant has been applied to avoid slipping on hardwood floors or tiles. I chose HodgePodgeCrochet – Ladies Ballet Slippers pattern for making this Homie Slippers.
Dimensions of the Slippers/Socks:-
- Length: 10″
- Width: 3.5″.
- Attach buttons, flowers, appliques, charms made of crochet, fur, fabric, suede leather, resin.
- Add a drawstring ending with tassels or pompoms.
- The tassels or pompoms color should be of the base color or any contrast color. Shades of white, golden, silver, brown, creme, mustard, lime will add the beauty.
- Pom-poms and tassels can be of wool, faux fur, ribbons, plastic, resin etc. Link to make pom-pom and tassels.
Remember: do not over accessorize it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Brown Homie Slippers
- Select the yarn color matching with you winter wear.
- Choose the contrast colors matching with your jacket.
- Choose the wool color based on the palette in the wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colors.
- Yarn: Jo-Ann Caron One Pound – Expresso
- Crochet hook: 5.5 mm
- Measuring Tape
- Rubber Grip: NonSlippery rubber grip
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customized form, please check out the following the further options. The color combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD – Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – email@example.com
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.