I never thought that I even after a year, I would need to alter designs so many times, before I come up with the perfect one. Usually, I decide a pattern first and then look for colors based on the utility and the requirements. Blue (my favorite color) attracts me and puts this psychological compulsion to buy it, but once it is home, I have to find a newer way to use it, since I would have exhausted all possible ideas with my last purchase. After trying a lot of patterns and reopening them again and again, I remembered the Ribbed Beanie design that was so beautiful, so here is a similar Ribbed beanie with a tint of white yarn at the base, which I named as Blue Jagged Beanie.
The pattern is described in my previous blog – Reversible Ribbed Beanie for an adult male customer.
The base diameter count of this beanie will decrease as this is for an adult woman. Therefore, 60 or 72 should be the final count of stitches for each row depending on the head size of the woman.
With white color, continue 2 more rows.
- Height: 9″
- Circumference: 20″-22″
The sizes can be alter based on the count of the stitches for the rows.
- You can increase the base diameter to give a more slouchy feel. Also, increase the height of the beanie.
- You can add pom-pom matching the color with the edging or the base color. There are different ways to create pompom.
- You can attach flowers, beads or a bow made of crochet, plastic, suede leather etc to give a more feminine touch.
Remember: do not over accessorize it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Blue Jagged Beanie
- The great part is it is a reversible beanie that can be worn from both sides.
- With 11″+ hat height, you can fold the brim to give a new hat design with reversible and edge irreversible Or wear it giving the slouchy effect.
- Make sure that the base and brim of the same color.
- do not add any embellishments, in case you are looking for multiple usages of the same hat.
- Chose the color matching with your winter jacket.
- Go for the contrast color of your jacket. You might suit the color with your cowl or gloves.
- Yarn: Jo-Ann Bernat – Baby Blue, Jo-Ann Red Heart – White
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 5.5 mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customized form, please check out the following the further options. The color combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD – Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.