Blue-Black Angel Scarf
After surmounting over the criticism and the mystical implications, Feng Shui is now followed everywhere across the nations. It is used to create a peaceful atmosphere. It brings good luck and used for healing purposes.In today’s world, this culture is not only restricted to China but is admired all over the world.
People use different Feng Shui symbols such as Gold Fish/Koi, bamboo, turtle/tortoise, dragons, laughing Buddha, mandarin ducks, lotus and 3-legged Frog etc. to use themselves or gift someone. They use different elements of Feng Shui too.
In the world of art and design, Water element of Feng Shui is applied in the home decor. This brings calmness and coolness along with refreshing your space. The proposed colours for Water element is blue and black.
That’s what inspired me to buy this blue and black ombre yarn. I wanted a cool colour that can easily go with most of the dresses, and I named it as Angel Scarf.
Birgit, a fibre enthusiast, wrote this simple ByNumber19 – Papillion Scarf pattern. I was attracted to the outcome of the product and decided to make one using the same butterfly stitch. Did you know Papillion means Butterfly? The pattern consists of Double crochet stitches, chain stitches, and Single crochet stitches. It was a learning for me as this was my first attempt at making a scarf. The idea of blogging about it came later. Thus, I do not have many pictures. Enjoy the making!
Instead of Ch 16, I chained 23+3 to create a wider scarf. The process requires multiples of 8+3.
R1: Double Crochet(DC) on the 4th chain from the hook. Total- 24 DC.
R2-R3: Ch 3, 2 DC, Ch 6, skip 4, *3 DC, Ch 6, skip 4, 3 DC*; repeat from *-* till you reach the end, turn.
R4: Ch 2, DC in next 2 DC, Ch 3, 1 Single Crochet (SC) using Ch 6 space of R2 and R3, Ch 3, *DC in next 3 DC, Ch 3, 1 SC using the Ch 6 space of below R2 and R3, Ch 3, DC in next 3 DC*; repeat from *-* till the end, turn.
Repeat R2, R3, and R4 till you get the desired length.
Last row: Ch 3, DC in next 2 DC, 2 DC in Ch 3 space, skip next (SC), 2 DC in Ch 3 space, *DC in next 3 DC, 2 DC in Ch 3 space, skip next (SC), 2 DC in Ch 3 space*; repeat *-* till you reach the end.
- The thickness and elasticity of the yarn and the chosen crochet hook determines the Lacey effects.
- Also, your technique impacts the smoothness or finished look. Everyone has different technique ranging from tight stitching style to medium to loose stitching styles.
- To increase the gap or increase the Lacey effect, it is best if the crochet hook is 2-3 sizes greater than the recommended hook.
- playing with points 2 and 3 i.e. either increasing the crochet hook or changing the technique or mix of both you can give different flair to the same stitch pattern. For e.g. The recommended hook for the yarn is 4mm, but I chose 5 mm hook and loose stitch style.
- Length: 60″
- Width: 6″.
- Add a line of tassels to the ends of both sides along the width. 4 Tassels at the corners will also work. You can reduce the size of the scarf as tassels will add another 10″.
- Attach pompom to each of the corners.
- The tassels or pompom colour should be of the base colour or any contrast colour. Shades of white, golden, silver, brown, creme, mustard will add the beauty.
- Pom-pom and tassels can be of wool, faux fur, ribbons, plastic, resin etc. Link to make pom-pom and tassels.
- The long length edging, you can have a Crab Stitch, Single Crochet, Slip Stitch.
- Increase the width and convert this scarf into beautiful lacey wrap/shawl.
Remember: do not over accessorise it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or had any queries, please contact me.
Blue-Black Angel Scarf
- Select the yarn colour matching with your winter wear. Try out the Hat-Scarf combo, Scarf-Gloves combo, Hat-Scarf-Gloves trio.
- Choose the contrast colours matching with your jacket.
- Choose the wool colour based on the palette in the wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colours.
- Yarn: Vardhaman wool
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook
- Decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you go ahead with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet hook: 5 mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care, then the elegant stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customised form, please check out the following the further options. The colour combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD – Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs every time you use or share them.