Back-Looped Cell Phone Wristlet Pouch
Have you ever seen dew on moss? If not, then I’ll suggest you check your lawn or any nearby park on an early morning during spring or the very next day after the cool night. The sky would look clear and bright. The rays of the morning sun falling on the grass and reflecting back to the layer of dew over the grass will bring a majestic view.
Here is a glimpse of what it looks like. Mark Barton has beautifully captured the zoomed image of morning dew. His Gallery has highlighted the beauty of common mosses that is usually overlooked.
I always cherish the beauty of nature. One early morning as I was enjoying the stupendous scene outside my window, I got the inspiration to capture that particular combination of hue somewhere in my crochet work. As I was deciding a pattern for the mobile cover or cell phone pouch, I finalized my color sequence.
The pattern is simple. Based on the cell phone size and the chain, work on back loop of single crochet around. For edging, single crochet around with different color yarn. I have used a smaller hook rather than the recommended hook to give it a tighter stitch. I added a crocheted loop on one side of the mobile cover to tie wristlet band. Also, sewed button and loop on the cover, to close the opening.
Chain 35 or as per phone’s width and join at the beginning.
R1: ch 1, Single Crochet (SC) around; do not join at the beginning but start next row. Total 34 SC.
R2: Single Crochet Back Loop Only (SCBLO) on the previous SC; Total 34 SCBLO.
Continue R2 to get the desired length of the pouch.
Sew the 1st row by turning the cover inside out. Change back to right side and start with edge and wristlet.
Brim with side loop:-
R1: Change the yarn to white and continue R3 for 1 row. Total 35 SC.
R2: Chain 3, SC from 1st stitch from the previous row. Total 35 SC, 3 Chain.
R3: SC around including 3 SC in the chain. Total 38 SC.
Brim without side loop:-
R1: Change to white color, single crochet (SC) around. Total 35 SC.
Continue R1 for 4 rows and sew the end.
Crochet Wristlet: Chain 60-70 based on the wristlet length. Sew the ends in the inside of the pouch.
- Height: 6″
- Width: 3″
- Wristlet Size = 9″-10″ with 60-70 chains.
- Button Loop Size = 2.5″-3″ is obtained by chaining 20.
The sizes can be altered based on the total count of the stitches for the rows.
- The side loop can be used to add any wristlet, strap made of suede leather, crochet, resin etc.
- The buttoned loop can be switched to magnet button, snap-on button, press button, zip or an open pouch.
- Depending on the tool, leave enough height for closure and mobile.
- You can add additional hook or charms or keychains in the side loop along with strap.
Remember: do not over accessorize it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Back-Looped Cell Phone Wristlet Pouch
- Hang inside/outside your purse as a go-to pouch for mobile and cards.
- Add keychain to the wristlet hole to add your keys along with phone and cards.
- Use long sling instead of wristlet to carry as a compact pouch on the go OR simply treat as a cell phone case without any handles.
- Choose the yarn color based on the palette in your wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colors.
- Go creative with the button choice.
- Yarn: Yarnspirations Sweet N Cream – Hot Green, Yarnspirations Sweet N Cream – White
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 4 mm
- Sewing Needle
- Thread matching with the Base color
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customized form, please check out the following the further options. The color combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD – Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.