This was my gift to my nephew on his first birthday; a set of Baby Beanie and Baby Booties. I just love the color combination – Blue and Chocolate. It is so calm and peaceful.
It was difficult to set up on one pattern. I followed 2 different blogs to make this set. To give my style, I used a chocolate fur wool for the edges of both; the Beanie and Booties. Both of this wool is specifically for babies.
I opted for SmoothFoxLover – Kool Kids Hat. Donna’s pattern is a combination of Front Post Double Crochet (FPDC) and Double Crochet (DC). This pattern can be used to make hats for an adult too by the increasing the count. It gives a certain textured look that can be worn as casual winter hats. Pom-Pom adds cute look for kids.
I liked the RepeatCrafterMe – Cuffed Baby Booties. Sarah has interesting patterns and designs in her blogs. This pattern looked cute. I continued with blue color yarn to make the complete booties and added a fur edge that could be folded to give a small boot look or could be worn as long boots.
Non-Slippery Soles: to add/paste or glue a layer of non-slippery silicone gel/rubber coating spray. Even though the floor has carpet, the baby yarn is too soft. The base of the booties will make the kid slip or fall. I used clear silicone gel to give invisible coating look at the base of the booties.
- Height of the baby hat: 7″
- Circumference of the baby hat: 14″-16″
The sizes can be alter based on the count of the stitches for the rows.
- Size of the baby booties sole length: 5″
- You can add fur yarn, Crab stitch for edging.
- You can add small pom-poms to the outer side of booties edge.
- You can attach flowers, beads or a bow made of crochet, plastic, suede leather etc to give more cuteness to those little feet.
- The edging can be made of Single Crochet (SC), Crab Stitch, Slip Stitch, Herringbone Half Double Crochet (HHDC).
Remember: do not over accessorize it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Baby Beanie-Booties Set
- Choose the color matching with the winter jacket.
- Go for the contrast color of your jacket. You might suit the color with your cowl or gloves.
- Choose the wool color based on the palette in your wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colors.
- Yarn: Jo-Ann Bernat – Baby Blue, Jo-Ann Bernat Pipsqueak – Brown
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 5.5 mm
- Non-Slippery Silicone sealant: clear sealant gel
- Measuring Tape
- Pom-pom: Jo-Ann Clover pompom maker
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customized form, please check out the following the further options. The color combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD-Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – email@example.com
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.