Loom Knit Toddler Beanie
Knitting is different than crocheting not only in terms of the technique but also the final product. Knitted products are more modern and polished whereas the crocheted items are more varied and unconventional.
After mastering crocheting for more than 3 years, I am planning to begin knitting. I will start with learning various knit and purl styles to create beautiful sweaters, scarves, beanies or even blankets. Though there are still a lot of techniques and patterns to acquire in crochet such as the Filet, Amigurumi, Tunisian, Doilies, Irish and other patterns that I need to accustom myself to.
To start with knitting, I bought the loom knit kit for making beanies and scarves. This is my first loom knit beanie for a toddler. It turned out an easy project on the side especially when I have big and never-ending blankets to finish. These small easy-to-use loom knits help me to create something different in a short period of time. These refresher projects, when completed, motivate me to continue with my blankets.
I tried the Loom Knit Basic beanie pattern. The hat is aimed to suit a toddler -child size. The video tutorial Loom A Hat – Basic Beanie helped me understand how to use loom knit to make knitted hats.
The only downside of having loom knit is the yarn thickness. You need to have thick yarn or 2 strands of yarn to form a chunky yarn. If your yarn is thin the pattern will fall terribly for beanies leaving huge gaps.
Loom knit pegs are great if you want an easy way to make beanies, scarves, cowls. There are other loom knit pegs where you can set the space between your pegs by removing and readjusting the pegs. They are costly to buy but if one really wants to learn and use for a longer run, these are the best deals.
I bought a look knit kit thinking it will be the final buy for me. But after using it, I found it has limited options. I am restricted to look for chunky yarns only to give the textured knit look.
- Height: 9″
- Circumference: 16″-18″
The sizes can be altered based on the count of the stitches for the rows.
- You can increase the base diameter to give a more slouchy feel. Also, increase the height of the beanie.
- You can add pom-pom matching the colour with the edging or the base colour. There are different ways to create pom-pom.
- You can attach flowers, beads or a bow made of crochet, plastic, suede leather etc to give cuteness to the hat.
Remember: do not over accessorise it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegant simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Loom Knit Toddler Beanie
- Choose the colour matching with the winter jacket.
- Go for the contrast colour of the jacket of choice. You might suit the colour with cowls or gloves.
- Choose the wool colour based on the palette in the wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colours.
- Yarn: Jo-Ann – Lion Brand Hometown USA – Cincinnati Red
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Loom round peg -36
- Loom pin
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Markers: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care, then the elegant stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customised form, please check out the following the further options. The colour combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD – Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adapt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs every time you use or share them.