Zipped Travel Pouch
I wanted to make a pouch for myself where I can keep my daily emergency items like kohl pencil, lip balm, comb, lip gloss, safety pins, hand lotion etc. Earlier, I had made a Ripple Pattern Pouch with a snap button. The issue with the pouch was that the contents of the pouch would seldom fall off from the opening around the button. I needed something that is fully closed with a zip. After churning my brain, I decided to make a crochet Zipped Travel Pouch using the pattern that I designed on my own.
A customer, I once visited, liked my travel pouch very much and requested one for herself in a bigger size. I started my search for the materials. I was particularly looking for a colourful yarn in cotton.
Here, I also stitched a layer of cloth so that the items do not peep out of the gaps between the rows.The cotton cloth is 115 cm in height and 200 cm in length.
This could be used as makeup kit; medicine pouch; or a bag for keeping small items.
I started making the round side section then expanded to provided the length and finished with round side edge again.
Note: If you are a Trained / Experienced then by seeing the picture you can very well make out the pattern. I have tried to provide the basic information to help you going.
R1: Magic Circle with 12 Double Crochet (DC) and join.
R2-R4: Continued expanding for 3 rounds. (48sc)
R5: 1 Single crochet(SC) at Back Loop of the last round to define the edge.
R6: 1 SC in each SC of last round.
R7: DC on each SC except for the last 3 SC.
R8-R18: DC on each DC, CH1, and turn.
R19: DC on each DC and Ch 3 in the end.
R20: SC in each chain. SC on each DC.
R21: SC on Back Loop of each SC.
R21: *DC on each 3 SC, DC 2 Together*, continue to end. join.
R22: *DC on each 2 DC, DC2Togther*, continue to end of the circle, join.
R23: *DC on each 1 DC, DC2Togther*, continue to end of the circle, join.
R24: DC2Togther, continue to end of the circle, join and sew it.
- The thickness and elasticity of the yarn and the chosen crochet hook determines the Lacey effects.
- Also, your technique impacts the smoothness or finished look. Everyone has different technique ranging from tight stitching style to medium to loose stitching styles.
- For pouches, to maintain their sturdiness or stiffness or to maintain their shape it is advisable to use smaller crochet hooks than recommended or tighter stitch style or both.
- Over-use the yarn do soften up or loose it rigidness and expand. To retain the shape, we can provide a lining inside the pouch which will not affect the out crocheted shape.
- Length: 9″
- Side diameter: 3″
The sizes can be altered based on the total count of the stitches for the rows.
- The side loop can be used to add any wristlet, strap made of suede leather, crochet, resin etc.
- The buttoned loop can be switched to magnet button, snap-on button, press button, zip or an open pouch.
- Depending on the tool, leave enough height for closure and mobile.
- You can add additional hook or charms or keychains in the side loop along with strap.
Remember: do not over accessorise it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Zipped Travel Pouch
- Hang inside/outside your purse.
- style the zip slider lock with charms, hanging mini toys etc.
- Choose the yarn colour based on the palette in your wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colours.
- Go creative with the button choice.
- Yarn: Michaels – Lily Sugar N Cream – Stripes, Jo-Ann Red Heat Saver – Plum Pudding
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 4 mm
- Measuring Tape
- Sewing Thread and needle
- White cotton cloth for inner liner
- Zipper: Jo-Ann Coats n Clark – Ciel- 9″, Jo-Ann Coats n Clark – Lilac – 7″
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care, then the elegant stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customised form, please check out the following the further options. The colour combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD – Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – email@example.com
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs every time you use or share them.