Trinity Ombre Leg Warmer
As discussed in my previous blog Trinity Ombre Hat, this is another part of the Hat- Legwarmer combo set. Following the same Trinity crochet stitch and wool, I started making the legwarmer. If you haven’t worked on the hat then do follow the Trinity Ombre Hat blog for the instructions to make Trinity Stitch.
Below is the process for Trinity Ombre Legwarmer.
If you have followed the Trinity Ombre Hat blog, then you can easily work on Trinity stitch for the legwarmer too.
The legwarmer is made into 3 parts:
- Upper Ribbed band: Chain 10. Single crochet on the first row. Back loop Single crochet on all rows up to the count of 44.
- Trinity Stitch body: With the counts in multiples of 4, start the trinity stitch across till you achieve the desired length.
- Lower Ribbed band: Chain 7. Single crochet on the first row. Back loop Single crochet on all rows up to the count of 40.
Note: The lower band is made separately and later sewed to the end of the leg warmer. I have used 4.5 mm crochet hook for the upper and lower bands and 5 mm crochet hook for the body.
- Length: 14″
- Circumference of the upper ribbed band: 14″
- Circumference of the lower ribbed band: 12″
The sizes can be altered based on the count of the stitches for the rows.
- You can increase the base diameter to give a more slouchy feel.
- You can put fur edging or Crab stitch edging to give a different touch.
- To accessorise, use bead, buttons, tassels, pompoms, appliques etc on the legwarmers. Link to make pom-pom and tassels.
Remember: do not over accessorise it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Trinity Ombre Leg Warmer
- Select the yarn colour matching with your winter wear. Try out the Hat-Scarf-legwarmer trio, Hat-Gloves-Legwarmer Trio combo of the same pattern.
- Choose the contrast colours matching with your jacket.
- Choose the wool colour based on the palette in the wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colours.
- Yarn: Jo-Ann Red Heart Blue Earth, Jo-Ann Lion Brand Brown
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 5.5 mm, 4.5 mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customised form, please check out the following the further options. The colour combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD – Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs every time you use or share them.