Trinity Ombre Hat
I bought a bulk of Ombre baby yarn to make baby booties for my nephew. But I was not happy with the result. I frogged the entire work and kept the yarn in the stash bag. I couldn’t develop any idea to utilise the yarn for another product. Moreover, there wasn’t any customer order looking for that particular yarn colour for themselves.
The challenge arose when I have to finish off the yarn into a beautiful and useful product. I have been meaning to make something of myself. It was about the time when I put my thoughts into actions. All this while I was making beanies, hats, leg warmers etc. for the customers or the family members or friends only. I did not have anything to use on my own.
That is how I came out with Hat-Legwarmer Combo Set. The Hat will consist of 2 colours – one Ombre yarn for the base and another brown yarn for pom-pom and brim. Simultaneously the legwarmer will have the upper and lower brim will contain brown colour and base of the body will have the baby ombre yarn. (The pattern will be presented in another blog.)
After a long online search, This Housewife Life provided the Trinity stitch pattern.
I loved the close stitch pattern providing a new fangled look all over. I modified it a bit to suit the wool selection and it’s recommended hook. The pattern requires being in multiple of 4. Thus when you start working on it make sure the total no. of rows for the brim is in multiples of 4.
The Bottom to top approach has been implemented. The hat contains 2 parts:
- a brim
- a body
R1: Ch 11, 10 Single Crochet (SC), turn. Total 10 SC.
R2: Ch 1, 10 Single Crochet Back Loop Only (SCBLO), turn. Total 10 SC.
Repeat R2 till you reach the required circumference. Note: End in an even row. I did for 72 rows. Join to the beginning chain with Slip Stitch (SL ST).
Crochet Trinity Stitch is used across to complete the hat. This Housewife Life blog post contains the stitch instructions in detail.
- Height of the hat: 9.5″
- Circumference: 23″
The sizes could be altered based on the count of the stitches for the rows.
- You can increase the base diameter to give a more slouchy feel. Also, increase the height of the beanie.
- You can add pom-pom matching the colour with the edging or the base colour. There are different ways to create pom-pom.
- You can attach flowers, beads or a bow made of crochet, plastic, suede leather etc to give cuteness to the hat.
- You can put fur edging or tassels to give a different touch.
Remember: do not over accessorise it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Trinity Ombre Hat
- Select the yarn colour matching with your winter wear.
- Try out the Hat-Scarf combo, Hat-Gloves combo of the same pattern or different pattern but the same colour mix.
- Choose the contrast colours matching with your jacket.
- Choose the wool colour based on the palette in the wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colours.
- Yarn: Jo-Ann Red Heart Blue Earth, Jo-Ann Lion Brand Cocoa
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 5.5mm, 4.5 mm respectively
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customised form, please check out the following the further options. The colour combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD – Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adapt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs every time you use or share them.