The best part in the fashion world is the creation of embellishments that define an attire. For babies, there is pom-pom, fur, embroidery, appliques, laces, which are added to create additional attractions. Babies are cute and the presence of pom-pom and fur makes them cuter. However, you use and style the clothing item, it is always a plus point to add a pom-pom or fur in your product for maximum sales.
Whenever I get an order for a toddler or a child, I always plan to add these embellishments to fit in the cuteness quotient. Because, adorable, lovely and sweet looks top over attractiveness and this colorful Crochet toddler furloop beanie will just do the job.
The beanie is very simple to create. Stitches required are Double Crochet Stitch (DC) and Single Crochet Stitch (SC).
Starting with a magic circle, Ch 2, make 12 DC, join to the 1st DC. Increase evenly by 12 on every row until the diameter of the hat measures 6″. Continue the same count till the total height of the beanie reaches 6-6.5″.
Join white yarn and create one more round of DC. Create another 2 rounds of SC using previous minted blue color and white color in sequence.
Join Brown fur yarn and work on 2 rows of SC.
- Height: 9″
- Circumference: 16″-18″
The sizes can be alter based on the count of the stitches for the rows.
- You can increase the base diameter to give a more slouchy feel. Also, increase the height of the beanie.
- You can add pom-pom matching the color with the edging or the base color. There are different ways to create pom-pom.
- I made the pom-pom loop bigger than the regular one to give a different unique fuzzy look. I made it by hand. I didn’t trim the top of pom-pom too short.
- You can attach flowers, beads or a bow made of crochet, plastic, suede leather etc to give cuteness to the hat.
Remember: do not over accessorize it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Toddler’s Furloop Beanie
- Choose the color matching with the winter jacket.
- Go for the contrast color of the jacket of choice. You might suit the color with cowls or gloves.
- Choose the wool color based on the palette in the wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colors.
- Yarn: Jo-Ann Caron Simply Soft – Mint Blue, Jo-Ann Bernat Pipsqueak – Brown, Jo-Ann Red Heart – White
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet hook: 6mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Markers: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customized form, please check out the following the further options. The color combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD-Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – email@example.com
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.