Sports and game are observed as same but there are few differences between them. Sport is a single-player physical activity, while a game is a team activity that relies on a number of players and their combined effort. Chess, for example, is a sport, but football is a game.
Sports has always given a priority in many countries apart from academia. Children are encouraged to involve in any kind of sports for growth and development. Among various sports, American football is something, it is not just Soccer. In fact, it is said that it is inspired by both soccer and rugby football, where participants do not kick the football but play with hands.
My sister is a mother of 2 and I wanted to gift a football theme crocheted product to my nephews. I chose football themed beanie for the toddler and a cocoon for the baby. There are hundreds of crochet football beanie patterns available online. But I preferred Sarah, Repeat Crafter Me.com. I like the RepeatCrafterMe.com – Football Earflap Hat pattern and decided to make this for the elder nephew.
The pattern for football cocoon for the baby will come in the future blogs.
- Height of the earflap head of the hat: 6″
- Height of the Flap of the hat: 2″
- Circumference: 20″-22″
The sizes can be alter based on the count of the stitches for the rows.
- You can increase the base diameter to give a more slouchy feel. Also, increase the height of the beanie.
- You can add pom-pom matching the color with the edging or the base color. There are different ways to create pompom.
- You can attach flowers, beads, tassels or a bow made of crochet, plastic, suede leather etc to give a more feminine touch.
Remember: do not over accessorize it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Toddler Football Flap Beanie
- Choose the color matching with your winter jacket.
- Go for the contrast color of your jacket. You might suit the color with your cowl or gloves.
- Choose the wool color based on the palette in your wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colors.
- Yarn: Red Heart Soft – White, Red Heart Soft – Chocolate
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 5.5mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customized form, please check out the following the further options. The color combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD-Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.