This is a winter wear gift to one of our closest friend. A new approach of Dad-son beanie. I had first planned to make and gift a Daddy n Me ZigZag Beanie. But the gap between the cluster stitch made me think again. I do prefer attractive designs, intricate work in my products but the main focus is to fulfill the purpose. If I am making any winter accessory, first and foremost, it should provide significant warmth, protect you from cold.
When you are not sure about the color choices/preferences of male accessory, it’s safest to use Black, Gray, Blue, Beige or Green, what I call as SAFE COLORS. I prefer these for any male accessory. Since I had planned for Dad and son beanies, I chose a black and gray combination.
After a long search for male beanie pattern, I zeroed in on this Swirl Beanie from the Crochet Zombie. She has some creative ideas and patterns too. The spiral beanie was an interesting and easy project to work on too.
The spiral lines of gray on a black base is for the toddler/child and the other with black spiral stripes black on gray beanie is for the adult.
Tip: For achieving a neat Single Crocheted hat for outside and reverse side, you need to carry the Contrast color along with your Base color.
Dimensions for Adult Hat:-
- Height: 9.5″
- Circumference: 22″-24″
Dimensions for Child Hat:-
- Height: 8.5″
- Circumference: 18″-20″
- You can increase the base diameter to give a more slouchy feel. Also, increase the height of the beanie.
- You can add pom-pom matching the color with the edging or the base color. There are different ways to create pompom.
- You can attach flowers, beads or a bow made of crochet, plastic, suede leather etc to give a more of that innocence touch for a child.
Remember: do not over accessorize it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Spiral Dad-Son Beanie
- Choose the color matching with your winter jacket.
- Go for the contrast color of your jacket. You might suit the color with your cowl or gloves.
- Choose the wool color based on the palette in your wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colors.
- Yarn: Jo-Ann Big Twist Yarn – Gray, Jo-Ann Big Twist – Black
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet hook: 6mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Markers: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customized form, please check out the following the further options. The color combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD-Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.