Solomon’s Knot Scarf
Did you know Solomon’s Knot is a traditional decorative motif? The knot is not a knot per say, but an interlinked closed loop. Different cultures interpreted the knot differently. Since the beginning and end are not visible, it symbolises eternity and immortality. The knot represents two twisted loops entwined together as a couple that neither has a start nor an end. It also named as lover’s knot for this reason. It is also associated with religious beliefs as a symbol of faith and valued as a symbol of prestige.
There are many beliefs attached to it; I wasn’t inclined to any. Rather, I had my own connection with this beautiful and intricate design, and I could see it turning into a perfect for a wrap, a scarf or a shawl with elegant lace style. This is how I decided to make a scarf using this pattern. The gorgeous fuchsia colour provides an additional grace to the outcome.
Enjoy the elegance that adds charm in your personality ladies!
After searching through several blogs of describing the process of Solomon’s Knot, I liked the Amelia Is Rabbit Blog. The base with single crochet row helps create an edge for the scarf. The written instructions might be tricky to follow. Even after following the blog a video gave me the clear indication of how to create the Solomon’s Knot.
- The thickness and elasticity of the yarn and the chosen crochet hook determines the Lacey effects.
- Also, your technique impacts the smoothness or finished look. Everyone has different techniques ranging from tight stitching style to medium to loose stitching styles.
- To increase the gap or increase the Lacey effect, it is best if the crochet hook is 2-3 sizes greater than the recommended hook.
- playing with points 2 and 3 i.e. either increasing the crochet hook or changing the technique or mix of both you can give different flair to the same stitch pattern. For e.g. The recommended hook for the yarn is 6.5mm, but I chose 6.5 mm hook and loose stitch style.
- Length: 65″
- Width: 7″.
- Add a line of tassels to the ends of both sides along the width. 4 Tassels at the corners will also work. You can reduce the size of the scarf as tassels will add another 10″. Link to make the tassels.
- Attach pom-poms to each of the corners. Link to make the pom-pom.
- The tassels or pompoms colour should be of the base colour or any contrast colour. Shades of white, golden, silver, lime, creme, mustard will add the beauty.
- Pom-poms and tassels can be of wool, faux fur, ribbons, plastic, resin etc. Link to make pom-pom and tassels.
- The long length edging, you can have a Crab Stitch, Single Crochet, Slip Stitch.
- Increase the width and convert this scarf into beautiful lacey wrap/shawl.
Remember: do not over accessorise it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Solomon’s Knot Scarf
- Select the yarn colour matching with your winter wear. Try out the Hat-Scarf combo, Scarf-Gloves combo, Hat-Scarf-Gloves trio.
- Choose the contrast colours matching with your jacket.
- Choose the wool colour based on the palette in the wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colours.
- Yarn: Jo-Ann Lion Brand Landscapes – Fuschia
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 6.5mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care, then the elegant stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customised form, please check out the following the further options. The colour combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD – Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adapt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs every time you use or share them.