Simplicity! The word carries a deep meaning in almost every aspect of life; fashion; beauty; architecture; design; and quotes.
We are always fascinated by ornate/intricate work in every field; and in terms of life, handling complication defines maturity. But it is quite OK to follow simplicity. Easy life, no make-up, plain clothes, simple quotes and basic designs. All of these tend to mark an impression too.
I follow this principle when I want to connect with myself and this also reflects in my work. After challenging myself with cables or textured stitches in crochet; I wanted to make a simple double crochet stitched leg warmer for a customer. I chose simple skin color yarn, which gave a brilliant texture.
The shell stitch, in the end, was a little enhancement to the most simple pattern using the most basic color. Also, the skin color provides accessibility to carry your leg warmer with any jeans or dress.
I used IDesignAdventures-Legwarmers pattern to make the leg warmer for the customer. Instead of keeping the shell pattern aside as an extension, I made it as the part of the design and stitched it across. It is a simple and easy procedure to follow.
R1: Chain 45.
R2: Ch 2, Double Crochet (DC) 45. turn. Total 45 DC.
Repeat R2 till you get the desired circumference.
R3: Make shells at the end.
Make 1 for each leg.
- Length: 14″
- Circumference: 14″
The sizes can be alter based on the count of the stitches for the rows.
- You can increase the base diameter to give a more slouchy feel.
- You can put fur edging or Crab stitch edging to give a different touch.
- To accessorize, use bead, buttons, tassels, pompoms, appliques etc on the legwarmers. Link to make pom-pom and tassels.
Remember: do not over accessorize it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
- Select the yarn color matching with you winter wear. Try out the Hat-Scarf-legwarmer trio, Hat-Gloves-Legwarmer Trio combo of the same pattern.
- Choose the contrast colors matching with your jacket.
- Choose the wool color based on the palette in the wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colors.
- Yarn: Oswal Yarn
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 5.5 mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins available with the clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customized form, please check out the following the further options. The color combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD-Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – email@example.com
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.