Shepherd’s Mobile Wristlet Case
Thank you for liking my work and ordering more! I am happy when a customer liked my Spiked Mobile Phone Case and asked me for a phone case for herself.
As I already mentioned in the previous blog, I can make the phone with or without options of a sling; a wristlet; combined with/without looped closing button; open case; hooks etc. Depending on her requirement, I have a small handle (wristlet) to give a choice to hang the phone case on the wrist. Also going with her choice of colour and design, I started looking for a sophisticated yet simple texture for the case I chose Shepherd’s Knitting stitch/Bosnian crochet stitch and named it as Shepherd’s Mobile Wristlet Case.
Carry it in hand as a mobile case or hang it around your wrist to free up your hands, Shepherd’s Mobile Wristlet Case from Knot My Designs will redefine mobility.
I have used 2 different stitch patterns to create this mobile case.
I tumbled on Amorefecit – Schaapherderssteek. The stitch is known as Shepherd’s Knitting or Bosnian Crochet. It is a simple process of Slip stitch in rounds. A video of DROPS Crochet Tutorial on Bosnian Crochet can help you to follow if the written instructions are confusing. The stitch gives a uniform look. It is stitched at the base.
Sew the 1st row by turning the cover inside out. Change back to right side and start with edge and wristlet. I added a white brim to present that convoluted and elegant look.
I started with chain 34 like other wristlets but the size kept reducing after 2 rows. After 6-7 trials, I found out that chain 50 and tight slip stitch got me 3″ width.
Brim with side loop:-
R1: Change the yarn to white and Chain 2; Double Crochet (DC) around; join at the 1st DC.
R2: Ch 2, Front Post Double Crochet (FPDC) and Double Crochet alternatively till the end of the row. Ch 3 and join at the 1st FPDC.
Continue R2 around till the brim is 1″.
R3: Finish off with Reverse single crochet stitch or crab stitch to give a fine edging; Single Crochet in the ch 3 space; join at the beginning.
Brim without side loop:-
R1: Double crochet around with white yarn.
R2: Front Post Double Crochet (FPDC) and Double Crochet alternatively around till the brim is 1″.
R3: Finish off with Reverse single crochet stitch or crab stitch to give a fine edging.
Crochet Wristlet: Chain 60-70 based on the wristlet length. Sew the ends in the inside of the pouch.
- The thickness and elasticity of the yarn and the chosen crochet hook determines the measurement and flexibility of the product.
- Also, your technique impacts the smoothness or finished look. Everyone has different techniques ranging from tight stitching style to medium to loose stitching styles.
- The Bosnian crochet stitch or the slip stitch tightens the size as you go along. Thus, please make sure you loosely slip stitch for flexibility.
- In case, you want to produce a stiff product, then you can use a small crochet hook and slip stitch with medium technique. But remember that you have to apply pressure on every stitch as you move around.
- The initial chain count always depends on points 1 and 2. Thus, it may vary from person to person, even though they are using same crochet stitch pattern.
- It is best to work a couple of rows or up to 0.5-1″ and measure the gauge. If it is as per your need then you can continue or else you can unravel the yarn and start from scratch again.
- Make sure you keep a count of your mistakes to avoid repeating them. For e.g. I started with chain 34 like other wristlets but the size kept reducing after 2 rows. After 6-7 trials, I found out that chain 50 and tight slip stitch got me 3″ width.
- Height: 6.5″
- Width: 3″
- Wristlet Size = 9″-10″ with 60-70 chains.
- Button Loop Size = 2.5″-3″ is obtained by chaining 20.
The sizes can be altered based on the total count of the stitches for the rows.
- The side loop can be used to add any wristlet, strap made of suede leather, crochet, resin etc.
- The buttoned loop can be switched to magnet button, snap-on button, press button, zip or an open pouch.
- Depending on the tool, leave enough height for closure and mobile.
- You can add additional hook or charms or keychains in the side loop along with strap.
Remember: do not over accessorize it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Shepherd’s Mobile Wristlet Case
- Hang inside/outside your purse as a go-to pouch for mobile and cards.
- Add a keychain to the wristlet hole to add your keys along with phone and cards.
- Use long sling instead of wristlet to carry as a compact pouch on the go OR simply treat as a cell phone case without any handles.
- Choose the yarn colour based on the palette in your wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colours.
- Go creative with the button choice.
- Yarn: Michaels – Lily N Sugar – Mod Green, Michaels – Premier Yarn – White
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 5.5 mm
- Thread matching with Base colour
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Markers: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care, then the elegant stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customised form, please check out the following the further options. The colour combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD – Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – email@example.com
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs every time you use or share them.