Santa Claus’s Hat
Men have a defined sense of fashion and it stays with them throughout and rarely changes. No external factor including women can change this. It could be almost a struggle to bring change in their fashion and make them try out something new. This phenomenon, however, changes in the case of technology. In fact, men would conform to latest updates and gadgets in the market.
Women, on the other hand, embellish their clothing with a lot of addendums like a pom-pom, ruffles, tassels, frills, lace, ribbons, which is seemingly absent in men’s clothing. And I can not disagree further. Any accessory would be a contrast to their masculinity and feel lesser manly. However, there is an exception to this when it comes to the pompom on the red and white Santa Claus Hat. After all, it’s Christmas Eve!; the festive season, when everyone is anxiously waiting for gifts. Kids are lingering around for Santa to come and hand over their presents, which they have wished for! While everyone is being impish wearing Santa Hat, Elf hat, elf shoes and reindeer horns, men in the family have to join too.
Merry Christmas Everyone! HO! HO! HO!
The procedure contains Double Crochet (DC), Half Double Crochet (HDC) and a big pom-pom in 3 sections.
R1: Started with a magic circle, and 8 Double Crochet stitches (DC).Total 8 DC.
R2: Instead of increasing 2 DC on every DC in next row, I increased by 4 stitches in the 2nd row. *2 DC in next DC, DC in next DC*; repeat *-*. Total 12 DC.
R3: Repeat the row. Total 12 DC.
R4: *2 DC in next DC, DC in next 2 DC*; repeat *-*. The rows are increased by 4. Total 16 DC.
R5: Repeat R4. Total
R6: *2 DC in next DC, DC in next 3 DC*; repeat *-*. The rows are increased by 4. Total 20 DC.
R7: Repeat R6. Total
R8: *2 DC in next DC, DC in next 4 DC*; repeat *-*. The rows are increased by 4. Total 24 DC.
R9: *2 DC in next DC, DC in next 5 DC*; repeat *-*. The rows are increased by 4. Total 28 DC.
R10: *2 DC in next DC, DC in next 6 DC*; repeat *-*. The rows are increased by 4. Total 32 DC.
Continue increasing every row by 4 till your hat circumference is 22-23. I have increased gradually till 84 DC.
Note: The total counts should be greater than 60 for an adult hat. It depends on the yarn, chosen crochet hook and your strength applied in each stitch.
R11: Continued 84DC for 8 more rows.
R1: Changed the yarn to white and start creating the brim by using Half Double Crochet (HDC) in each DC.
R2: Continue it till the brim length is 2-3″ i.e. 8-11 HDC.
Finishing: Cut the yarns and sew all the stranded yarns.
Diff Brim Style: Instead of Single Crochet (SC) or HDC, you can go for alternate Front Post Double Crochet (FPDC), Back Post Double Crochet (BPDC) to create a ribbed brim. No edging.
Create a big pompom and attach to the starting row.
- Height for an adult man hat: 14″
- Circumference: 23″-24″
The sizes could be altered based on the count of the stitches for the rows.
- For edging, you can use white fur, Crab Stitch or Slip Stitch.
- The complete Santa hat can be made using DC with the last row of edging.
- Instead of white yarn, you can use white fur yarn to create the brim.
- You can insert the Santa Belt in the intersection of red and white yarn.
- For that reduce the Red yarn rows by 4 and DC across using black yarn. Total 84 Black Yarn DC.
- Create Santa Belt Buckle and stitch it to the hat.
Remember: do not over accessorise it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Santa Claus’s Hat
- Buy a Santa Suit and enjoy the Christmas.
- Select the yarn colour matching with your winter wear. Try out the Hat-Scarf combo, Hat-Gloves combo of the same pattern.
- Choose the contrast colours matching with your jacket.
- Choose the wool colour based on the palette in the wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colours.
- Yarn: Oswal Red, Oswal White
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 5.5mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care, then the elegant stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customised form, please check out the following the further options. The colour combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD – Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – email@example.com
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs every time you use or share them.