We give attention to an item in 2 broadly classified manners – simplicity and ornamentation.
A simple yet pleasing item always catches our attention. You always have one question running on your mind whenever you see it; how it is so beautiful and yet so simple? There’s no correct answer to it, but you agree on any justifiable response.
On the other hand, ornamentation is the art to complement the existing piece without losing its original touch. There is a lot of scope of creativity for one to play around and accessorise the piece. The common fashion accessories are jackets, boots, belts, ties, hats, gloves, jewellery, and shawls. Various permutations of these accessories give you a distinct look.
I am never shy of experimenting and in order to try something new, for my spring collection. I made this lace wrap. The spring is the season of colours and perhaps the best time to sport this lace wrap with all styles including maxis, minis, slip and strapless. Whatever you wear, accessorise it with a lacy stole and you are all fashionable and attractive.
I was very much fascinated by the Tamara’s Fortune’s Wrap. I started following the pattern exactly as mentioned. Instead of making 25 rows I opted for 24 rows as the per the size I was looking for. This is my maiden attempt to learn corner to corner crochet stitch.
Remember: to give any lacey effect the crochet hook should be more than 2-3mm bigger than the recommended hook.
Dimensions of the stole/wrap:-
- Length: 70″
- Width: 18″.
- Add a line of tassels to the ends of both sides along the width. 4 Tassels at the corners will also work. You can reduce the size of the scarf as tassels will add another 10″.
- Attach pom-poms to each of the corners.
- The tassels or pompoms colour should be of the base colour or any contrast colour. Shades of white, golden, silver, brown, creme, blue, olive will add the beauty.
- Pom-poms and tassels can be of wool, faux fur, ribbons, plastic, resin etc. Link to make pom-pom and tassels.
- The long length edging, you can have a Crab Stitch, Single Crochet, Slip Stitch.
Remember: do not over accessorise it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Rose Bloom Stole
- Select the yarn colour matching with your winter wear. Try out the Hat-Scarf/wrap combo, Scarf-Gloves combo, Hat-Scarf-Gloves trio.
- Choose the contrast colours matching with your jacket.
- Style with your maxis or mini. The wrap is so graceful that it will also be an accessory to your outfit.
- Choose the wool colour based on the palette in the wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colours.
- Yarn: Vardhman Yarn – Pink
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 6.5 mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customised form, please check out the following the further options. The colour combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD – Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – email@example.com
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.