What is the common fabric found in everyone’s wardrobe? The answer is blue jeans or denim!
You’ll find that everyone has at least one pair of jeans or a denim jacket. A comfortable wear that everyone prefers in their daily lives. But to become an important apparel for us denim went through a long journey.
Previously, it was manufactured for laborers only. The raw and fading look of the material made it suitable for any rough work. Slowly, it gained popularity; and now it is consumed in all kinds of clothing and accessories in the fashion world. Even we have furniture draped in Denin to give a contemporary look. They are repurposed too; such as strips of old jeans that can be recycled to make rugs, patched work bed sheets, the mobile holder at charging station.
When I purchased Vardhaman wool, the texture gave me a denim look. I decided to name this beanie as RIBBEDENIM ( Ribbed + Denim).
I have created this simple pattern of Half-Double Crochet (HDC) stitches for the base and body, and Front Post Double Crochet (FPDC) and Back Post Double Crochet (BPDC) for the brim or edging. It is a child size beanie.
R1: Start with a magic circle, ch 2, Half Double Crochet (HDC) 10 times; join at the beginning. Total 10 HDC.
R2: Ch 2, 2 HDC on each HDC. Total 20 HDC.
R3: Ch 2, *HDC on 1st HDC, 2 HDC on next HDC*, repeat *-*; join at the beginning. Total 30 HDC.
R4: Ch 2, *HDC on 2 HDC, 2 HDC on next HDC*, repeat *-*; join at the beginning. Total 40 HDC.
R5: Ch 2, *HDC on 3 HDC, 2 HDC on next HDC*, repeat *-*; join at the beginning. Total 50 HDC.
R6: Ch 2, *HDC on 4 HDC, 2 HDC on next HDC*, repeat *-*; join at the beginning. Total 60 HDC.
R7: Ch 2, HDC across. Total 60 HDC.
Repeat R7 till the height reaches 6.5″.
R1: Ch 2, Double Crochet (DC) across. Total 60 DC.
R2: Ch 2, Front Post Double Crochet (FPDC), Back Post Double Crochet (BPDC); join at the beginning. Total 30 FPDC, 30 BPDC.
R3: Ch 2, FPDC on FPDC, BPDC on BPDC; join at the beginning. Total 30 FPDC, 30 BPDC.
Repeat R3 to make the brim of 1.5″.
- Height: 9″
- Circumference: 20″-22″
The sizes can be alter based on the count of the stitches for the rows.
- You can increase the base diameter to give a more slouchy feel. Also, increase the height of the beanie.
- You can add pom-pom matching the color with the edging or the base color. There are different ways to create pompom.
- You can attach flowers, beads or a bow made of crochet, plastic, suede leather etc to give a more feminine touch.
- The edging can be made of Single Crochet (SC), Crab Stitch, Slip Stitch, Herringbone Half Double Crochet (HHDC).
Remember: do not over accessorize it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Ribbedenim Beanie for Kids
- Choose the color matching with your winter jacket.
- Go for the contrast color of your jacket. You might suit the color with your cowl or gloves.
- Choose the wool color based on the palette in your wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colors.
- Yarn: Vardhman Wool
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 5.5mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customized form, please check out the following the further options. The color combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD-Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – email@example.com
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.