After focusing on women’s hat, beret, beanie etc; I decided to make few beanies for men too. The number of popular men’s hat is very less than compared to that of women. They have mostly caps and beanies. There are certain hats like Bloater, Bowler, Fedora or Panama which are more popular among all fashion styles. If we consider winter accessories then beanies are the most popular headwear for men and children.
Although they are deprived of different varieties of head accessories, they do not understand the pain we go through in finding the perfect piece for ourselves from the million options available.
When I decided to make a winter accessory for male customer, I do not have to struggle to finalise the design.
I found this pattern on Ravelry. The pattern is easy to follow and could be made in different colours. This hat is 9.5″ in height with 23″ circumference.
Perfectly suitable for any adult man who prefers a professional yet stylish look. This black male accessory (beanie/hat) aims at providing that basic necessity. The best part of this beanie is that it can be worn inside out too. With seamless finishing, it can be worn in any style without the fear of dressing up incorrectly.
Thus I named this crochet beanie as Reversible Ribbed Beanie.
- Height for an adult man hat: 9.5″
- Circumference: 23″
The sizes could be altered based on the count of the stitches for the rows.
- For edging, you can use fur, Crab Stitch, Herringbone Half Double Crochet (HHDC) or Slip Stitch of same or contrasting colours.
- One line of contrast colour edging – White, Creme, Maroon, lighter shades of blue, lime, yellow.
- You can increase the base diameter to give a more slouchy feel. Also, increase the height of the beanie.
- You can increase the Brim by more than 1 row to define a brim.
Remember: do not over accessorise it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Reversible Ribbed Beanie
- Select the yarn colour matching with your winter wear. Try out the Hat-Scarf combo, Hat-Gloves combo of the same pattern.
- Choose the contrast colours matching with your jacket.
- Choose the wool colour based on the palette in the wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colours.
- Yarn: Red Heart Soft – Black
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 6mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customised form, please check out the following the further options. The colour combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD-Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – email@example.com
- Connect through the Contact Page.
P.S. I already have made 3 beanies as per the demand. Please feel to reach out to me to grab one for yourself or for gifting purpose.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.