In the winter time, all you need is a pair of woolen socks/slippers that will keep the feet warm. These woolen socks are easy to clean and maintain. Also, they don’t make any noise while you are walking on the floor, even on a wooden floor. Additionally, the rubber coating glued to the base of the slippers provides a firm grip so that you don’t slip; making it a great winter wear.
To crochet sock, I followed the pattern from Drop Design – Roller Slippers. While I stayed within the instruction as given in the blog and did not want to experiment, but later I had to modify it since I was running out of the yarn.
I looked into my Stash bag and could see a sackful of red wool and decided to use them. Well, this push to empty and replenish my stash bag helps me experiment with different items and colors using the left over colors.
In order to avoid slippage while walking on hardwood floors or tiles, I have sprayed a coat of rubber paint. It is available at any home improvement store or Walmart.
Dimensions of the Slippers/Socks:-
- Length: 10″
- Width: 3.5″.
- Attach buttons, flowers, appliques, charms made of crochet, fur, fabric, suede leather, resin.
- Add a drawstring ending with tassels or pompoms.
- The tassels or pompoms color should be of the base color or any contrast color. Shades of white, golden, silver, brown, creme, mustard, lime will add the beauty.
- Pom-poms and tassels can be of wool, faux fur, ribbons, plastic, resin etc. Link to make pom-pom and tassels.
Remember: do not over accessorize it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Red Roller Slippers
- Select the yarn color matching with you winter wear.
- Choose the contrast colors matching with your jacket.
- Choose the wool color based on the palette in the wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colors.
- Yarn: Jo-Ann Caron One Pound – Claret
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 8 mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
- Rubber Grip: Rubber Paint Spray/ Non-Slippery Silicone sealant: clear sealant gel.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customized form, please check out the following the further options. The color combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD – Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – email@example.com
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.