Have you ever seen a circular Rainbow? I have. Rainbows are magnificent natural beauty in itself and when you see the complete circular form, you wonder how refraction, reflection, and dispersion would have worked. This picture is taken from the hometown of my in-laws during my visit for attending a family marriage. It seems like even the sky had poured its blessings to the groom. In the midst of the celebration, we all ran upstairs at the terrace to capture this amazing view. I bet it is impossible to get this magnificent view, in a city with high rise buildings, increasing population and pollution. That is the advantage of visiting the countryside, where you are surrounded by simple living and nature. It added sparkle to our celebration.
The curiosity arose and I started searching the concept of the circular rainbow, especially viewed from the ground of the earth. It can be valid if we are viewing the circular shape when flying. Wiki helped me to understand Circular Rainbow. It is actually a Circumscribed_halo i.e. “The shape of the circumscribed halo is strongly dependent on the distance of the sun or moon above the horizon.Its top and bottom (i.e., the points directly below and above the sun or the moon) always lie directly tangential to the 22° halo, but its left and right sides take on different shapes depending on solar (or lunar) elevation.”
I have named the legwarmer as Rainbow Shaded Legwarmer after the rainbow shaded Lion Brand yarn that I got from Jo-Ann. The pattern is simple double crochet around after rows. The size of this legwarmer is 14″ long and 14″ circumference.
R1: Chain 30. (The no. of chains should fit the widest part of your calf muscle.) join at the beginning.
R2: Ch 2, Double Crochet (DC) 30. Total 30 DC.
Repeat R2 till you get the desired length.
R3: Ch 2, Single Crochet (SC) 30. Total 30 SC. This should be your edging which will match with the other end.
Make 1 for each leg.
- Length: 14″
- Circumference: 14″
The sizes can be alter based on the count of the stitches for the rows.
- You can increase the base diameter to give a more slouchy feel.
- You can put fur edging or Crab stitch edging to give a different touch.
- To accessorize, use bead, buttons, tassels, pompoms, appliques etc on the legwarmers. Link to make pom-pom and tassels.
Remember: do not over accessorize it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Rainbow Shaded Leg Warmer
- Select the yarn color matching with you winter wear. Try out the Hat-Scarf-legwarmer trio, Hat-Gloves-Legwarmer Trio combo of the same pattern.
- Choose the contrast colors matching with your jacket.
- Choose the wool color based on the palette in the wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colors.
- Yarn: Jo-Ann Lion Brand Landscapes – Boardwalk -2 balls
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 6mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customized form, please check out the following the further options. The color combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD-Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.