The fall season is beautiful and picturesque; especially in the Mid-Western region of the US. Leaves changing their colour from green to yellow to orange to red to brown, adorn the nature. I observed that a lot of people prefer clicking more pictures, making portfolio photos, collages, and albums during this season. It is a good time for the photographers to showcase their talent.
Pleased by my portfolio, the customer approached me for a winter wear especially a head accessory. I had two options to start with; first, decide on a colour and then look for patterns that will suit it or decide on the patterns and then look for colour combinations. I chose to follow the first one.
The Orange colour is considered as fall colour. So I thought of making something using this eye-catching colour.
I liked the pattern provided in Berroco. This is my first attempt to make a beret hat. The best part of this hat is the loose pattern that gives enough headroom and keeps the hairstyle intact. You can easily make a bun or tie your hair and use this hat to protect yourself from winter.
The pattern is very easy. I followed it, with some changes based on the wool and preferred crochet hook.
- Height of the hat: 9.5″
- Circumference: 23″
The sizes could be altered based on the count of the stitches for the rows.
- You can increase the base diameter to give a more slouchy feel. Also, increase the height of the beanie.
- You can add pom-pom matching the colour with the edging or the base colour. There are different ways to create pom-pom.
- You can attach flowers, beads or a bow made of crochet, plastic, suede leather etc to give cuteness to the hat.
- You can put fur edging or tassels to give a different touch.
Remember: do not over accessorise it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, please contact me.
- Select the yarn colour matching with your winter wear.
- Try out the Hat-Scarf combo, Hat-Gloves combo of the same pattern or different pattern but the same colour mix.
- Choose the contrast colours matching with your jacket.
- Choose the wool colour based on the palette in the wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colours.
- Yarn: Jo-Ann Red Heart – Tangerine
- Crochet Hook: 5.5mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customised form, please check out the following options. The colour combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD – Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adapt, for personal consumption; however, please give due credit to Knot My Designs every time you use or share them.