The fall season is beautiful and picturesque; especially in the Mid-Western region of the US. Leaves changing their color from green to yellow to orange to red to brown, adorn the nature. I observed that a lot of people prefer clicking more pictures, making portfolio photos, collages, and albums during this season. It is a good time for the photographers to showcase their talent.
Pleased by my portfolio, the customer approached me for a winter wear especially a head accessory. I had two options to start with; first, decide on a color and then look for patterns that will suit it or decide on the patterns and then look for color combinations. I chose to follow the first one.
The Orange color is considered as fall color. So I thought of making something using this eye-catching color.
I liked the pattern provided in Berroco. This is my first attempt to make a beret hat. The best part of this hat is the loose pattern that gives enough headroom and keeps the hairstyle intact. You can easily make a bun or tie your hair and use this hat to protect yourself from winter.
The pattern is very easy. I followed it, with some modifications based on the wool and preferred crochet hook.
- Height of the hat: 9.5″
- Circumference: 23″
The sizes could be alter based on the count of the stitches for the rows.
- You can increase the base diameter to give a more slouchy feel. Also, increase the height of the beanie.
- You can add pom-pom matching the color with the edging or the base color. There are different ways to create pom-pom.
- You can attach flowers, beads or a bow made of crochet, plastic, suede leather etc to give cuteness to the hat.
- You can put fur edging or tassels to give a different touch.
Remember: do not over accessorize it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
- Select the yarn color matching with you winter wear.
- Try out the Hat-Scarf combo, Hat-Gloves combo of the same pattern or different pattern but the same color mix.
- Choose the contrast colors matching with your jacket.
- Choose the wool color based on the palette in the wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colors.
- Yarn: Jo-Ann Red Heart – Tangerine
- Crochet Hook: 5.5mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customized form, please check out the following the further options. The color combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD-Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – email@example.com
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.