Mom-Daughter Urban Slouchy Hat
My niece loves the purple and pink colour; so I planned to gift her a winter hat with the same combination of the yarn. I bought the purple and pink shaded ombre yarn. After finalising the yarn, I started looking for a modern pattern which will be an embellishment on her head. Thus I named this hat as Urban Slouchy Hat.
Later, I planned to make Mom-Daughter Urban Slouchy Combo Hat using the same pattern. Why should the Mom be deprived of accessorising themselves?
- Ribbed Base: the base was different for adult and child. No. of the rows differs per the audience.
- Body: a combination of Front Post Double Crochet (FPDC) and Back Post Double Crochet (BPDC).
- Top: sewing the ends to close the top
- Pom-Pom: Using the process defined in Additionals.
- Multiples of 8. 4 FPDC and 4BPDC.
- FPDC and BPDC required a bigger crochet hook or loose stitching technique to get a flowy basketweave pattern.
- Depending on the texture of the yarn, you can either choose a larger crochet hook other than recommended one or you can loosely stitch FPDC and BPDC.
- Since I always do tight stitches, I choose bigger crochet hook than the recommended one. It is more of testing a couple of rows to see the flow.
- For edging the last row, you can change the crochet hook to a smaller size to give a tighter set.
- Height of the hat: 9.5″
- Circumference: 23″
- Height of the hat: 9″
- Circumference: 22″
The sizes could be altered based on the count of the stitches for the rows.
- You can increase the base diameter to give a more slouchy feel. Also, increase the height of the beanie.
- You can add pom-pom matching the colour with the edging or the base colour. There are different ways to create pom-pom.
- You can attach flowers, beads or a bow made of crochet, plastic, suede leather etc to give cuteness to the hat.
- You can put fur edging or tassels to give a different touch.
Remember: do not over accessorise it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or had any queries, please contact me.
Mom-Daughter Urban Slouchy Hat
- Select the yarn colour matching with your winter wear.
- Try out the Hat-Scarf combo, Hat-Gloves combo of the same pattern or different pattern but the same colour mix.
- Choose the contrast colours matching with your jacket.
- Choose the wool colour based on the palette in the wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colours.
- Yarn: Jo-Ann Red Heart Panther Pink
- Crochet Hook: 6 mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Markers: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customised form, please check out the following options. The colour combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD – Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – email@example.com
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adapt, for personal consumption; however, please give due credit to Knot My Designs every time you use or share them.