I tried making different patterns for a beautiful mom and her lovely daughter, and I was attracted towards the puff stitched slouchy hat made by Vickie Howell. I almost created the half of the hat for the daughter and then I realized the gaps in between would not be good to protect the head from cold air. Sure it looks wonderful but my focus is that the hat should do the basic function of protecting your head and then look good to the eye!
So, I switched to Cabled Textured pattern from Yarnspiration, which I had already listed on my to-do list, they are close stitched and they look beautiful.
Beauty for the brain!
I made the ribbed base with 13 ch and Single Crochet Back Loop Only (SCBLO). End with even row and sew with Slip Stitch (SL ST). I made the base 18″ length, which when joined, forms an 18″ circumference without stretched. It depends on the crochet hook and yarn texture. The hat expands and thus this ribbed base would be smaller than normal hat circumference i.e. 20″-22″.
The hat size is 9″ and it is sewn at the top.
Ensure the row ends in an even number. The pattern contains 3 Front Post Double Crochet (FPDC) and 2 Back Post Double Crochet (BPDC) and a chain 2 at beginning of every row.
I made the ribbed base with 13 ch and Single Crochet Back Loop Only (SCBLO). End with even row and sew with Slip Stitch (SL ST). I made the base 14″ length, which when joined, forms an 18″ circumference without being stretched. It also depends on the crochet hook and yarn texture. The hat expands thus this ribbed base would be smaller than normal hat circumference i.e. 19″.
The hat size is 8″ and it is sewn at the top.
Make sure the row ends in an even number. The pattern contains 3 Front Post Double Crochet (FPDC) and 2 Back Post Double Crochet (BPDC) and a chain 2 at beginning of every row.
Dimensions of Adult Hat:-
- Height: 9″
- Circumference: 20″-22″
Dimensions of Daughter Hat:-
- Height: 8″
- Circumference: 19″
- You can increase the base diameter to give a more slouchy feel. Also, increase the height of the beanie.
- You can add pom-pom matching the color with the edging or the base color. White or brown pom-pom, fur faux. There are different ways to create pompom.
- You can attach flowers, beads or a bow made of crochet, plastic, suede leather etc to give a more feminine touch.
Remember: do not over accessorize it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Mom-Daughter Textured Slouchy Hat
- Choose the color matching with your winter jacket.
- Go for the contrast color of your jacket. You might suit the color with your cowl or gloves.
- Choose the wool color based on the palette in your wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colors.
- Yarn: Vardhman Wool – Pink
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 4mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customized form, please check out the following the further options. The color combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD-Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect through the Contact Page.