Why have people decided associated babies or gender with colors? If it’s blue, then it’s a boy, if it’s pink it’s a girl. Since the time I can recall, my wardrobe has had shades of blue, thankfully, rather than the gender stereotyped pink. Interestingly, when I grew up, I came across many who also considered blue as their preferred color. With so many shades available, it is not at all hard to say that every woman has at least one blue outfit in her wardrobe. After all, Blue goes with everything!
Well, it was no surprise when the customer too asked for a minty blue color scarf for herself, even though her favorite color is purple. After looking at the color of the yarn, I decided to go for a lacy stitch pattern which can be draped as a scarf as well as a cowl based on your need.
The pattern is selected from The Complete Book of Crochet Stitch Designs. I have used 2-3 bigger size hook than the recommended one to give a lacy look. Chain multiples of 4 +1.
R1: Single Crochet (SC) in the 7th chain(ch) from the hook, ch 2, skip(sk) next ch, Double Crochet(DC) in next ch, *ch 2, sk next ch, SC in next ch, DC in next ch; rep from * across, turn.
R2: ch 1, SC in 1st DC, * sk next ch-2 space, (DC, ch 3, DC) in next SC, sk next ch-2 space, SC in next DC; rep from * across, ending with last SC in 3rd ch of the turning ch, turn.
R3: Ch 5 (counts as DC, ch 2), SC in next ch-3 loop, ch 2, DC in next SC, *ch 2, SC in next ch-3 loop, ch 2, DC in next SC; rep from * across, turn.
Rep Rows 2-3 for the pattern.
The female scarf measures 70″ by 6″.
Dimensions of the scarf:-
- Length: 70″
- Width: 6″.
- Add a line of tassels to the ends of both sides along the width. 4 Tassels at the corners will also work. You can reduce the size of the scarf as tassels will add another 10″.
- Attach pom-poms to each of the corners.
- The tassels or pompoms color should be of the base color or any contrast color. Shades of white, golden, silver, brown, creme, mustard will add the beauty.
- Pom-poms and tassels can be of wool, faux fur, ribbons, plastic, resin etc. Link to make pom-pom and tassels.
- The long length edging, you can have a Crab Stitch, Single Crochet, Slip Stitch.
Remember: do not over accessorize it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
MishMash Minted Scarf
- Select the yarn color matching with you winter wear. Try out the Hat-Scarf combo, Scarf-Gloves combo, Hat-Scarf-Gloves trio.
- Choose the contrast colors matching with your jacket.
- Choose the wool color based on the palette in the wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colors.
- Yarn: Caron Simply Soft Yarn From Michaels – Blue
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet hook: 6 mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customized form, please check out the following the further options. The color combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD – Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – email@example.com
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.