Though the Minions in Despicable Me or Minions are servants of Gru or looking for a leader (Scarlet Overkill), they are the cutest animated creations I have ever seen.
I do not deny my favoritism, likeliness, or craziness for Minions. Gru, Scarlet Overkill, Margo, Edith, and Agnes are interesting characters but it is these tiny minions that took the world by their cute stupid brainless actions. There are many different charactered minions too.
I wanted to make a minion theme based for my nephew. Kevin, the minion, is my final selection for the earflap hat. I made an earflap hat of a toddler age for my nephew.
For myself (since I’m such a huge fan myself), I chose Kohl container.
Minion Earflap Hat:-
Repeat Crafter Me By Sarah had this easy-to-follow pattern. There are some issues with the link now. I’m not able to provide the correct link. Well. the pattern is a basic earflap pattern. For edging and string, I used the blue yarn, sew black yarn to form lips and strings of hair, created an eye using black, brown, white and gray yarn in rounds.
Minion Pencil/Kohl Pouch:-
I made Kohl case for myself using PetalsToPicots – Pencil Case from Petals To Picots. It is was a great DIY craft for me. It could be used as pencil-case too.
Dimensions of the earflap:-
- Height of the earflap head: 6″
- Height of the flap: 2″
- Circumference of the earflap: 18″-20″
The sizes can be alter based on the count of the stitches for the rows.
- You can increase the base diameter to give a more slouchy feel. Also, increase the height of the beanie.
- You can add pom-pom matching the color with the edging or the base color.
- You can attach flowers, beads or a bow made of crochet, plastic, suede leather etc to give a more feminine touch.
But I do not think we need to go for any other additionals anymore. The Minion Earflap Hat is an accessory by itself.
Dimensions of the pouch:-
- Length of the pouch: 6″
- Circumference: 3″
Remember: do not over accessorize it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Minion Earflap Hat
Minion Pencil/Kohl Pouch
- Go for the complete Minion look. Minion with a yellow and blue outfit.
- Blue sweater or white sweater with a Minion beanie.
- Use as your favorite Minion costume for Halloween.
- Yarn: Jo-Ann Lion Brand – Honey Bee, Jo-Ann Red Heart – White, Jo-Ann Red Heart – Black, Jo-Ann Red Heart – Light Grey, Jo-Ann Red Heart – Royal Blue
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 6mm
- Small black shirt button
- Black Thread
- Sewing Needles
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customized form, please check out the following the further options. The color combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD-Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.