In one of my blogs, where I introduced Ribbed denim beanie, I mentioned about Denim being an indispensable part of everyone’s closet. But back in 1870’s, they were worn by labourers or miners only. Dry goods wholesaler Levi Strauss & Co. was the first company to manufacture the rivet-reinforced denim trousers in bulk. Jacob Davis was the inventor of this design. Years later, popularity grew and denim became everyone’s choice of clothing. An interesting part of a denim is the faded pattern created through straining the fabric at places.
Over the years, these faded patterns started gaining more attention from the designers who brought their creativity into it and today we see the denim sporting faded patterns, stripped, torn, and even rugged looks. They also introduced the same old indigo denim in different colours.
My favourite crocheter, Meladora’s Creation has this beautiful Mesh design beanie. I used the same mesh pattern for making the body of the beanie. For the base, I used Double Crochet stitch up to 60 counts. For the brim/edge, I used Single Crochet stitch.The brim height is 1″. Since the beanie is using denim colour yarn and mesh pattern, I name it Meshedenim Beanie.
It is denim blue and meshed designed in three intricate styles. The Crochet Meshedenim Beanie for men from Knot My Designs is a simple and smart wear.
- Height: 9″
- Circumference: 20″-22″
The sizes can be altered based on the count of the stitches for the rows.
- You can increase the base diameter to give a more slouchy feel. Also, increase the height of the beanie.
- You can add pom-pom matching the colour with the edging or the base colour. There are different ways to create pompom.
- You can attach flowers, beads or a bow made of crochet, plastic, suede leather etc to give a more feminine touch.
Remember: do not over accessorise it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
- Choose the colour matching with your winter jacket.
- Go for the contrast colour of your jacket. You might suit the color with your cowl or gloves.
- Choose the wool colour based on the palette in your wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colours.
- Yarn: Vardhaman wool in blue
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 5mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customised form, please check out the following the further options. The colour combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD – Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – email@example.com
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.