Waves are known to transfer energy from one source to another. In design, we concentrate on the form and shape that a wave creates rather than capturing the vibration or calculating the energy transfer. We capture and fabricate different wave patterns, and try to implement them while innovating new designs.
As already mentioned in Men’s Mesh Scarf, the challenge to create a handsome accessory for the elder age group is to choose the right color and pattern. I adopted the identical flow of the wave pattern into my product because the flow defines grace as well as sturdiness.
This scarf could be used with Men’s Ash-Lead Beanie to form a beanie-scarf set for men.
Working vertically, the scarf is worked on back loops throughout. The length of the scarf is 6ft i.e. 72″. The width is 8-10″ considering the standard male scarf dimensions.
I decided to settle on Moogly’s – Summer Wave Placemats and Coasters to create the wavy scarf. The site provides the detailed step by step procedure. To create this lengthy scarf, you need 15 +1 chain counts to create a wave.
I have multiplied 15×20 +1 i.e. 301 chains to have 70+” length of the scarf.
Remember the thickness of the yarn, the selected crochet hook and your style ( loose stitch, medium tight stitch, tight stitch) specifies the length of the product.
Dimensions of the scarf:-
- Length: 70+”
- Width: 8-10″.
- If you are using this as a female scarf then-
- Add a line of tassels to the ends of both sides along the width. 4 Tassels at the corners will also work. You can reduce the size of the scarf as tassels will add another 10″.
- Attach pom-poms to each of the corners.
- The tassels or pompoms color should be of the base color or any contrast color. Shades of white, golden, silver, brown, creme, mustard will add the beauty.
- Pom-poms and tassels can be of wool, faux fur, ribbons, plastic, resin etc. Link to make pom-pom and tassels.
- The long length edging, you can have a Crab Stitch, Single Crochet, Slip Stitch.
Remember: do not over accessorize it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Men’s Wavy Scarf
- Select the yarn color matching with you winter wear. Try out the Hat-Scarf combo, Scarf-Gloves combo, Hat-Scarf-Gloves trio.
- Choose the contrast colors matching with your jacket.
- Choose the wool color based on the palette in the wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colors.
- Yarn: Jo-Ann Red Heart – Grey Heather
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 6mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customized form, please check out the following the further options. The color combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD-Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – email@example.com
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.