Men’s Slouch Beanie
Whenever we talk about fashion, it is known that the conversation would revolve around female couture. But masculine trends aren’t behind. Lately, fashion and apparel design have evolved to introduce a third category of attire that could be worn by both genders.
Yes, we are talking about the Unisex range, which includes Trousers, tuxedo, pants, shirts and more. The unisex clothing has become a common selection for both men and women.
In Fashion, Gender Lines Are Blurring by New York Times mentions the thoughts of Ken Downing. The fashion director of Neiman Marcus says “What we see now, he said, “is a seismic shift in fashion, a widening acceptance of a style with no boundaries, one that reflects the way young people dress.”
Thinking on the similar lines, I decided to make slouch beanie, which is primarily for men but is unisex too. Though these are specific in gender, the sober yarn colours are suitable for both an adult man and an adult woman. And of course, a lot depends on the way you style it.
Presenting crochet beanie Black and Blue from Knot My Designs to take away the winter blues and stay warm and stylish this season.
These are basic simple slouch beanies.The process is very easy. For Black Slouch Beanie, instead of providing additional edge/ brim of FDPC and BPDC; I decided to make one basic Double Crochet Stitch(DC) black slouch beanie. For the other Blue Slouch Beanie, I created an edge of Back Loop Single Crochet Stitch (BLOSC) for about 1″.
The Beanie circumference is 22″-24″ for large man head size. You can modify as per woman’s head size of 20″-22″. The beanie height range between 12″-14″, to give a deeper slouchy look.
For detailed basic beanie pattern: please check out: Basic Black Beanie Pattern.
- To create the slouch, increase the height of the beanie to more than 10″ but do not exceed 13″-14″.
- The thickness and elasticity of the yarn vary the diameter of the base.
- The crochet hook recommended vs the crochet hook used defines the design.
- For slouchy or loose beanie, the crochet hook should be larger than the recommended.
- Concentrate on the base diameter of the beanie and increase or decrease the rows. Generally, for any adult beanie 60-84, DC is suitable.
- The total number of stitches per row is different for SC, HDC, DC etc.
- Keep measuring the circumference and the height to avoid frogging or rework.
- Height for an adult man hat: 12″ – 14″
- Circumference: 23″-24″
The sizes could be altered based on the count of the stitches for the rows.
[Note: The height of the hat is measured from the closed tip to the bottom when the hat is laid flat. ]
- You can increase the base diameter to give a more slouchy feel. Also, increase the height of the beanie.
- This is a Unisex beanie. So in case you are using it as a female beanie, you can add pom-pom matching the colour with the edging or the base colour. There are different ways to create pom-pom.
- You can attach flowers, beads or a bow made of crochet, plastic, suede leather etc to give cuteness to the hat.
- You can put fur edging to give a different touch.
- For men, keep it simple. The colour selection should catch the eye.
Remember: do not over accessorize it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Men’s Slouch Beanie
Black Slouch Beanie:
Blue Slouch Beanie:
- Select the yarn colour matching with your winter wear. Try out the Hat-Scarf combo, Hat-Gloves combo of the same pattern.
- Choose the contrast colours matching with your jacket.
- Choose the wool colour based on the palette in the wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colours.
- Yarn: Vardhaman Yarn (India) – Black, Denim Blue
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 5.5 mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Markers: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care, then the elegant stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customised form, please check out the following the further options. The colour combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD – Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – email@example.com
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adapt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs every time you use or share them.