A baby always brings happiness in the family. Parents start dreaming about a whole new world. In this busy life where we are burdened with liabilities, responsibilities and job pressure, the presence of baby helps you to mould yourself completely into a different timeframe; you act like a child, you become one. You start recalling the good old fun-loving and mischievous yet innocent days of your life. In this not only the baby is very well entertained, but also your mind is refreshed.
When my friend started discussing the ideal list of items that could be gifted to her friend who just became a mum, I suggested a baby blanket for home or outside on a stroller as an everyday use item. I chose this black-white-grey mixed yarn to make a unisex blanket for the baby.
The procedure is simple. 81 chains and Single crochet in each row till the size of the blanket is 39″x39″. Ideal size for stroller blanket is 37″x37″. It can vary based on the thickness of the wool too. It required 3 balls of yarn to get 39″ size of the blanket.
39″ x 39″ is ideal for home or outside or stroller.
The sizes can be altered based on the count of the stitches for the rows.
- You can increase the size of the blanket for a different purpose.
- You can add a plush toy in the corner for the fun.
- The edging can be made of Single Crochet (SC), Crab Stitch, Slip Stitch, Herringbone Half Double Crochet (HHDC).
- Instead of regular yarn, fur yarn will bring out a pop to the border.
- Instead of going for a different colour for the border, use both the base colours around for alternate rows.
- The border shouldn’t be too broad to pop out. The purpose should be to provide a clean edge.
- You can add pom-pom or tassels (matching the colour with the edging or the base colour) at the 4 corners. Link to make pom-pom and tassels.
- Avoid the border and just add tassels/pompoms made of a mixture of the base colours.
- You can attach flowers, beads, appliques or a bow made of crochet, plastic, suede leather, fabric etc to make it more interesting.
Remember when the yarn contains multiple colours then it is best to go for a simple pattern. A combination of exquisite pattern and multiple colours do not age well. We draw attention to one feature that brings out the beauty, not the beast to get an exquisite piece. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Inkwell Baby Blanket for Stroller
- Choose the colour for your kid’s room, stroller.
- Choose the yarn colour matching with your sofa or cushions.
- Go crazy with experimental contrast colours with your furniture to pop out a section. Make sure the interiors are mostly containing natural, neutral or earthy colours around.
- The whole blanket can be made with one single colour yarn to soothe the interior.
- For the stitches or pattern to be visible clearly, choose lighter shades of yarn.
- Choose the wool colour based on the palette in your wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colours.
- Yarn: Jo-Ann Bernat Baby – Inkwell
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 11 mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customised form, please check out the following the further options. The colour combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD – Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.