I love winters. Many of us do. It is fun stacking up warmers, woollens, jackets, hats, gloves to keep us warm. But one of the most annoying parts, especially when you wear gloves, is the moment you put on the gloves, you realise you have to use your phone. Trust me, it is a huge effort, to take off that glove to swipe on the touch screen and then put it back on! You would basically need only 2 fingers; perhaps the thumb and the index finger. They why remove the entire glove? Here is a pair of gloves that can help you attend your call, type over the phone, without having to remove the glove.
Yes, that’s what I have tried to carry out, a Texting Gloves! The kicker is the small opening on the tip of your thumb and index finger that could be closed back again. I loved the usability of this product and informed my customer about it. I was aware that she was looking for a pair of gloves to match her coat.
The pattern Redheart – Texting Gloves is fairly easy to understand. But you get the hold only once you start making for one hand. Though the pattern is suitable for any adult woman, it’s recommended taking measurements of the palm of the person; especially, the wrist, the width of the palm, and the length of all your fingers.
I started with chain 33 and so increased/decreased the rows by three counts as mentioned in the pattern. This is suitable for any average-sized adult woman hands.
- Length of the hand warmers: 7.5″
- Circumference: 7.5″
- Thumb: 2.25″
- You can add pompom, tassels, ribbons etc at wrist edge for the warmer. Link to make pom-pom and tassels.
- Increase the length of the warmer to make hand and arm warmer.
- You can add a fur edging or work a crab stitch edging on both sides.
- You can work with 2-3 different colour yarns to give an assorted look.
Remember: do not over accessorise it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Indexed Thumb Texting Gloves
- Select the yarn colour matching with your winter wear. Try out the Hat-Scarf-Handwarmer trio, Hat-Gloves-Handwarmer trio combo of the same pattern.
- Choose the contrast colours matching with your jacket.
- Choose the wool colour based on the palette in the wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colours.
- Yarn: Jo-Ann – Caron Simply Soft – Pink
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you go ahead with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 4 mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customised form, please check out the following further options. The colour combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD-Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – email@example.com
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.