Hobo Beach Bag
Summer is here! Anxiously waiting for a sunny day where I can flaunt my Boho look wearing my favourite multi-print Hareems n dutch braid hairstyle and carrying my Hobo Bag!
Yes, I wanted to make a multipurpose bag for myself which I can take on beaches, grocery stores, Michaels/ Jo-Ann craft shop, etc. I was not planning to apply any cloth underneath to cover the holes or gaps in other defined crochet bags. Thus, I chose single crochet stitch for making this bag. The best part of single crochet is the tight stitch design which gives a proper full coverage for all your items. Yes, I agree that it is the time-consuming too. I chose ombre-earthy look yarn from Michaels.
My client liked my bag and ordered one for herself, especially for a beach trip. So I selected the combination of blue, yellow and white (beach look) for her from Jo-Ann. I also added POM-POM to give it a more outdoorsy look.
I followed Jo-Ann Bucket Bag instructions to make this Ombre-Earthy hobo bag. The Base is 84 SC stitches that continue to top. To acquire this handle size, I have SC 53 times.
For Beach Look Bag, I followed Craft Passion Beach Bag. Instead of buying leather strips, I made the handles myself using the single crochet (sc) stitch. The base size is 120 sc. Starting from 6 sc and eventually increasing by 6 stitches at every step. I have made the handles separately. 60 chains and continued for 4 rows. To make the handles thick, I have combined two strands of same colour yarn.
- Height: 22″
- Diameter: 20″
- The pouch closing can be drawstring made of crochet chain, ribbon, resin strap, snap-button, zip etc.
- You can add pom-pom, tassels, charms, miniature idols, mini toys, amulets etc matching the colour with the edging or the base colour. Link to make pom-pom and tassels.
- You can attach flowers, beads, appliques or a bow made of crochet, plastic, suede leather, fabric etc to make it more interesting.
Remember: do not over accessorise it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
Hobo Beach Bag
- Choose the colour matching with your outfit.
- You might suit the colour with your other pouches or designs with your outfit.
- Choose the wool/cotton colour based on the palette in your wardrobe. Experiment and enjoy the beautiful colours`.
- Yarn: Jo-Ann Caron One Pound, Michaels – Loops&Threads Earth Ombre
- Note: you can play around with different branded yarns as far as they give the synchronous flow of the pattern using a constant crochet hook.
- You can either go for the yarns with the same recommended crochet hook OR decide the yarn and change the crochet hooks along with the tightness on the crochet stitches as you proceed with the pattern.
- You can change the pattern to get the continuous flow.
- Crochet Hook: 6mm
- Measuring Tape
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
Quality Promise: If washed with care then the neat stitch guarantees perfection up to multiple washes. The wool quality might stretch upon multiple uses.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customised form, please check out the following the further options. The colour combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD – Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – email@example.com
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adapt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs every time you use or share them.