BWA HA! HA! HA!!!
It’s Halloween time; and everywhere you can see spooky, scary and ugly witches or spiders or skeletons hanging around. The stores are filled up with pumpkin lanterns; fall leaves’ wreath, sparkling orange/black bulbs, etc.
This was my 1st Halloween in the US, and I wanted to join the celebration by decorating my house. The idea was to pick up a DIY wreath. It was a fun project, making small-sized Witches, Pumpkins, spiders, webs.
I bought a 2″ width wreath for DIY from Michaels and used up some of the brown, black, orange and white wool from my left over.
My Halloween wreath contains:
I used the brown wool to make a dark base for the wreath.
- The orange yarn was for the pumpkins. I made eight pumpkins following the instructions on the Petals to Picot- Pumpkin;
- The pumpkins are filled with tissue paper or napkins to make a 3D pumpkin.
Witches, Webs, Spiders:-
- I followed Favecrafts – Halloween wreath pattern to make witches, spiders, cobwebs.
- I picked up a few straws from my garden too. These were fallen straws from trees.
- Cleaned them and used these straws to make witch’s broom.
- Also, added a few extra cleaned straws around give the ultimate rusty and ugly look.
Assembled all the items and stitched or hooked them, using paddle wire, on the wreath. Finally, the beautiful ‘Halloween Wreath‘ was ready.
- Wire Wreath Frame size: 12″
- Pop out the eyes of spiders and pumpkins
- Add BOO applique, instead of witches.
- You can use wire Wreath frame instead of this craft ring.
- Put some shining tassels or orange and black color in the bottom.
- Check out the store for more decoration ornaments.
- You can use paddle wire to fix your Halloween items to the wreath frame or sew them from behind.
Remember: do not over accessorize it. This hides the beauty of the pattern itself. Believe in elegance simplicity!!
In case, you have stuck anywhere or have any queries, kindly contact me.
- You can buy a door hook and hang your wreath or make a hanging loop and nail it on the door or the wall.
- Choose a bigger wreath and add these along with BOO applique made of Yarn, Fabric or Craft Paper.
- Extra pumpkins, witches can be used to decorate bags, beanies, hats, warmers etc.
- You can stitch a ribbon/yarn chain, ending with pompom/tassels, and use it as a bookmark.
- Yarn: Jo-Ann Caron One Pound
- Wreath: Michaels – wreath
- Paddle Wire: Jo-Ann Green Paddle Wire
- Wreath: Jo-Ann Wire Wreath Frame
- Wire Cutter Plier: Jo-Ann Craft & Jewelry Plier
- Crochet Hook: 4mm, 4.5mm
- Paper Napkins/ Tissue paper
- Stitch Marker: My stitch markers are the mini safety pins we get from clothing tags. You can buy from Michaels- Stitch Marker, Amazon – Stitch Marker, Jo-Ann – Stitch Marker. Use offers for better deals.
The crocheted, handmade and made to order item is already sold. In case you are looking forward to purchasing the same item or in any customized form, please check out the following the further options. The color combinations, the designs, the dimensions can alter easily based on your preference and usage.
- KMD-Etsy Shopping Gallery
- Etsy – Knot My Designs
- Drop an email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect through the Contact Page.
All the contents including photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Knot My Designs unless otherwise stated. Kindly do not republish them as claiming your own.
The patterns are free to learn and adopt, for personal consumption; however, kindly provide due credit to Knot My Designs everytime you use or share them.